Chapter 12

Lynx's POV

"Maybe you should just go back to sleep, Darling," I suggested quietly, receiving a deep frown from the brown haired Alpha in front of me.

"Give me the brush."

He mumbled, annoyedly snatching the brush from my hands. I raised my brows to his attitude, quite surprised by his straight language.

He had woken up just minutes ago since I had dressed him up, and taken us to a secured place beside the pond. The wolf had his hair all over, big dark circles around his eyes. He was so adorable looking, even when he was so messy and pissed off.

I guess he was too tired to even think about behaving like he was used to. He was always so careful about what he said, nervous that he'd say something wrong or incorrect. He would retract his head into his shoulders and avoid eye-contact, speak with a tiny voice and flinch if I took too quick movements.

But now he was just pushing me where he wanted, did what he wanted. And that was to brush my hair.

It made me glad, don't get me wrong.

Celian took a hold of my shoulder before he climbed into my lap, at the same time pushing me against the tree behind me. The wolf grabbed my braid with focus, starting to undo it with tired eyes.

I let a silent sigh leave my mouth as I relaxed, spending all that time admiring my mate in my embrace. Since the day I had seen him, I had always found him pretty.

He had short brown hair and strong features, his body built from pure muscle. But contrary to his looks, his personality and the way he moved was something... puppy like.

He would squeeze his eyes when he looked at me and listened to me, and then suddenly open them widely as he processed anything I had said. He was just too cute.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked, taking a gentle hold from his waist. The forest around us was pitch-black now that the sun had gone down, owls and other nocturne animals soundly searching for food. Our backpacks laid beside us, and I had even put a sheet for us where to sleep.

But this man wasn't clearly yet interested to lay down. Or then he had slept just enough in a couple of ten minutes.

Celian shook his head, both of his knees on each side of my waist. He slithered his hands into my hair as he finally got them released, all of my soft and a bit wet strands falling to my shoulders.

The man started to brush my hair lazily, so concentrated that I doubted there were any thoughts inside that pretty head.

"Are you sure?" I inquired further, leaning my forehead against his. He wrinkled his nose in response, glancing at me with those warm brown eyes.

"What does it look like?" He grumbled to me.

I stifled a chuckle, leaning closer with a smile on my face, "Do you want an honest answer?"

I teased him a bit, the corners of his mouth twitching faintly downwards, "Do I look that bad?"

He murmured, taking one stack of my front hairs to brush it out of knots. I narrowed my eyes at him, not satisfied by that thought at all. It was very noticeable how self-conscious he was, especially if he was in shorter clothes. And I knew that every time he did that face, he barked at himself in his head, "No—"

I started, grabbing his wrist into my tight hold. The brush it held was now stuck in my hair, the other lifting his adorable eyes to my sharp features, "You look just perfect."

I said, kissing his lips briefly.

"The hottest— and sexiest werewolf I've ever seen," I shifted my tone into a more playful one, a smirk spreading to my lips. And the response was immediate, his cheeks blushing to the deepest red color I've yet seen.