Chapter 14

FINALLY HERE!

Sorry for the delay, I promise I'll make it up to you the following chapters. Lots of fluff and smut

I had had a long, nice nap.

At first I hadn't gotten sleep that well, the absence of my mate's on top of that. He had sat on one of his beautiful chairs next to the bed, reading some strange paplet at the same time. I kind of had expected him to come sleep with me– which he had done after I had rolled around probably for the twentieth time.

He had just climbed to the royal bed, slithered under the blankets and then took me into a big hug from behind. It had warmed my heart; knowing that he wasn't that mad to me. I think I had said something wrong earlier, and I had been a bit afraid whether it was something that would completely push him away.

But fortunately he had simply sighed and lulled me to sleep.

I hadn't even experienced any nightmares in his embrace, his murky odor making my body relaxed and mushy. And I was starting to get even more at peace right now, as the vampire settled beside me into the huge bathtub.

It was filled to its brink with warm water that made the room steamy, my eyes doing their best to stay open while the sleep still heaved them.

"Darling?"

I heard the familiar low voice, my eyes slowly opening to the dark room. For a moment I only saw the pearly wall that gloom ever so slightly, soon the big vampire filling my sight.

"Hmm?" I hummed quietly, still a bit drawn in from our tiny, tiny miscommunication.

The long haired man didn't say anything, simply flowed in front of me shoulder-deep in the water. I watched his pretty features, those red eyes just as tired as mine. Lynx lifted his hands into my hair, the droplets of steam climbing their way down his muscular arms.

I felt the effect of his touch instantly, my eyes rolling to the back of my head from the soothing sparkles it ignited on my scalp.

He massaged me to the point where I just felt melting.

He whispered something so quietly that I didn't even catch it, his moist lips landing on my forehead. I could only sigh, relaxed in his hold.

"What?" I mumbled, lifting my hands to his wrists. They were quite big as well, the lines of his tendons and muscles prominent.

As an answer, I only got another tender kiss to my nose, my eyes flicked open to his lips.

"Nothing," his murky voice murmured back to me, a small twitch in his mouth noticeable.

I could feel a heavy blush rising to my cheeks as I continued to watch him, my dark brown eyes meeting his affectionate ones.

"I heard you say something," I stumbled in my words, my hands sliding to his biceps. The vampire just inched closer to me, so close that our warm chests graced each other.

"Really?" his voice held a tiny peck of tease in it, his lips stopping right in front of mine. I narrowed my eyes to him, gently jerking him to his forearm.

"Lynx."

The other rolled his red orbs in exchange, a smile forming its way to his strong face.

"Just kiss me, Celian."

He said, making my stomach instantly drop. Like we would be in a carousel.

"W-Why?"

I responded to him, clearly declining from his offer. Though only to play around, not that I wouldn't actually want to do that.