Chapter 24: Reflection

~~~~~

Aoi and Aikou were doing homework in the living room while watching the television while eating a small piece of cake each. Aoi got tired of watching the news and decided to change channels to try and find something of her interest.

"Now live in today's program! today's topic is: Is it necessary to be sexy to be a hero?" said the host

"Oh! lets watch that!" Aikou said "I am interested "

Aoi looked at Aikou and just smiled "We both know you don't need to be sexy to be a hero" 

"I still want to know" Aikou replied.

"For today we have really special guests here at the studio to answer such questions. The novice who debuted this year: Mt. Lady, the r18 hero course teacher: Midnight, and the leader of the Pirates of the city: Captain Boom" the host said while the three posed for the camera "Thank you so much for coming, please sit"

The three ladies sat in a type of round table for them to be visible to the camera.

"The three of you represent different types of beauty: Captain Boom for her maturity, Midnight for her sensuality, and Mt. Lady for her youth. Each showcases a different form of allure in the world of pro heroes. Now, Midnight," the host began, "when you first debuted, your costume was so bold that it caused a stir, leading you to present yourself before Congress due to concerns about skin exposure. You are considered a veteran who changed the country's perception."

"Even today it still looks like crap," Mt. Lady remarked.

"Please behave; we're live," Captain Boom said.

"Well, it was something I deemed necessary for good performance on the field. Many say their costumes get in the way of their abilities, don't they, Captain?" Midnight asked.

"For someone whose quirk destroys all kinds of jewelry and clothes on my arms, I must agree," Captain Boom replied. "But that doesn't mean I need to show so much skin like the one on your debut day. I must say that on my debut I had so much clothing it was labeled as a party costume, it wasn't after several missions that I started to reduce the amount of clothing to something more fitting."

"Exactly, but it wasn't about being sexy; it was about what was necessary, which ended up looking that way. It took you some time and more experience to find what benefits you the most in a fight, in an arena, in a mission, and then model that into your own interests" Midnight continued.

"I agree with that. I had to wear something that wouldn't interfere with my quirk, and it ended up being what some might call sexy. But Midnight I must agree with the public, even back in high school, you did push it a bit," Captain Boom added.

"You just did what you wanted, didn't you?" Midnight asked, looking at both women.

"Huh?! Do you want to fight?!" Midnight challenged.

"Girls, please, calm down. This is not the place for that," Captain Boom said, trying to deescalate the situation.

"Don't act like I'm not talking about you too. Those boobs and legs are on display because you want them to be, not because you need to," Midnight said.

"Excuse me?" Captain Boom said, a bit taken aback.

"What is the problem with that?!" Midnight asked a little angry.

"Nothing at all, but it is quite incredible" Mount Lady said trying to slightly brush it of "For someone of your age"

"Do you really think the only thing in your favor is youth?!!!" Midnight asked "You are not even young!"