Chapter 25: Study Session

~~~~~

As the day went on, Aoi remained quiet. She received several questions regarding her injured hand, but she would do anything possible to avoid answering anything and instead said it was an accident. She avoided looking at her reflection at all costs. The idea of facing her reflection scared her and made her tremble in fear. Aizawa kept an eye on her during classes, trying not to make it obvious, but it was evident for everyone that something happened. 

When classes concluded, Aikou attempted to help her or find out what happened to her now that they could have a little more privacy, but Aoi left without saying much. Aikou left her message hoping that she could cheer her up, but received no response.

It took some time before Aoi reached her house and she started to change her clothes. Unfortunately she looked at her reflection in the mirror and saw her looking right at her with a penetrating aura.

"You messed up...~" The reflection said "Now that you have exposed me things will go downhill for you~"

"Leave me alone..." Aoi said.

"You should've kept quiet~"  the reflection exclaimed, but Aoi looked Aoi and got her things ready to head to Yaoyorozu's house "You can't trust anyone else... anyone except for me~"

"I don't like what you did today" Aoi said remembering the pain and screams she caused her "It was horrible, so I can't trust your words"

"And you decided to trust the one person you dislike the most?~" The reflection asked with an angry tone

"I had no other choice, had I not told them... I would've gotten in trouble, and maybe my grandmother would've been notified and... " Aoi got nervous "I almost messed up everything, all because of you!" she screamed while throwing a pillow to the mirror.

The reflection smiled "I apologize for the behavior I took, but I want to protect you, I am here to protect you. You have to understand I am not your enemy, I will be the one by your side from now on, but I can feel how mentally you want me gone right now so I will let you be, then I shall be gone~" she said before disappearing.

"I wish you were gone forever..." Aoi said to herself.

She held her head on her hands and felt the need to cry, but the moment was interrupted by a message on her phone telling her that the group was on their way to Yaoyorozu's house to study. She washed her face and looked at herself for a whole minute in silence.

"I am a disgrace...a curse..." she said before taking all of her stuff and heading out. 

She took a taxi to get there faster since everyone was already on their way, allowing her to mentally prepare herself to have a better attitude and to try and show a version of herself that would not bring worries to the others. Once there, she saw the rest of her classmates waiting outside already.

"Oh, Aoi is here!" Kaminari said while watching Aoi get off the taxi. She looked at them and took a deep breath before forcing a smile.

"Hey guys" Aoi exclaimed before looking at Yaoyorozu's house "Oh wow, I thought our houses were about the same size but her's is clearly larger" Aoi commented while watching the fence

"What do you mean the same size?!" Asked Sero

"Yeah, my house is pretty big. After all the company my grandparents make a hella lot of money" Aoi replied

"I always thought you lived under a bridge or something" Ojiro commented with a nervous smile

"What?! I have said it several times, but I think I was telling that to the girls... I can't remember" Aoi reacted with a dramatic tone "Either way, is she home?"