Chapter 26: Written Exam

~~~~~

The written exam day finally arrived. All the students were on their seats ready for it, except for Aoi who ended up arriving one minute before classes started while eating a bagel. As soon as she sat on her desk, Aizawa opened the door with many papers in hand.

"Morning..." he said with his usual tired tone.

"Good Morning Mr. Aizawa" said the class in unison.

"So for the test, I will provide you with a packet divided into different sections, each focused on a different subject, you have until lunch time which is in 4 hours to finish" He said while glancing at the students "remember that if you fail, there will be consequences."

After that he left the packet top the front rows to pass it all the way to the students sitting in the back.

The room buzzed with a mix of anxiety and determination. The air was thick with the sound of flipping pages and the occasional scribble of a pencil. Niji with her face scrunched in concentration, carefully worked through each question, her eyes darting between the exam paper and his notes, while Aikou tapped her pencil thoughtfully against her cheek, occasionally pausing to think deeply before writing her answers. 

Hakkotsu methodically answered each question with precise, well-organized responses, her focus unbroken. Meanwhile, Aoi exhaled loudly as she answered the questions without really bothering for it, since it was quite an ease for her. 

As the exam progressed, each student wrestled with the challenges in their own way, reflecting their unique strengths and personalities, but all united by a shared goal of proving their worth and advancing in their heroic education.

 It was quiet for the first three hours until some students started finishing. Yaoyorozu was the first to finish, then Iida, then Aoi, and then Bakugo. After them one by one started to finish and were asked to remain in their seats quietly. And soon the bell for the lunch break went off announcing it was time for everybody to turn in their exams.

"I will be checking these today, remember that tomorrow you will all have your practical exam, make sure to prepare for that. The training grounds will be open for you to use" Aizawa said before taking all of his stuff and leaving.

Aoi took a deep breath while she passed her fingers through her knuckles which were still a little red due to punching the mirror the previous day. She could feel the marks of the cuts over her skin.

"(Sometimes I wonder how come I don't develop deep scars)" Aoi thought

"Ah~ That was incredibly hard! I had so much trouble with the math portion, but at least English was easy" Aikou said while leaning back on her chair "Are you feeling better today?"

"Mm?" Aoi looked at Aikou and remembered the previous day "Yeah, I was pretty tired, had to deal with Aizawa and some other things, sorry for brushing you off, it wasn't my intention to leave you hanging"

"No worries darling, I am glad that you are better" Aikou exclaimed with a smile.

"Oh yeah I forgot to ask you, how did the study session with your dad go?" Aoi asked with a smile on her face.

"It went.. Well. We started studying but then my mother arrived and... I just went to study on my room after my quirk failed" She said in a sad tone but trying to force a smile.

"You know it is not right to use your quirk on your parents Aikou, you shouldn't interfere with their relationship," Aoi said

"They are my parents, I should be free to help them" Aikou said getting a little mad.

"Aikou, we've been through this before... you already got in trouble once, I don't want you to get in trouble again" Aoi said trying to get close to her "Please, for your own good. I care about you"