Chapter 43: little lies, big problems

~~~~~

Aoi was getting her things packed and while getting her clothes in a bag she felt a strong breeze coming from nowhere before revealing the reflection sitting on her bed

"Have you thought about what is coming?~" The reflection asked

"Yes... Not excited for it. Sometimes I think about how all of this was supposed to end from the beginning of the school year. Back at USJ... now I am having the hardest of times being able to keep up with both things, it is impossible not to think about what comes next after all I have lived till now" Aoi replied

"Going through your memories I remember you didn't even wanted to become friends with anybody so you wouldn't feel any pain once the plan succeeded, and look at you now, all worried for the sake of the others making you have a hard time thinking about your actions~" the reflection replied while standing and floating around

Aoi remembered Kurogiri's words and had minor flashbacks of all the good times she had with her classmates so far "Yeah... I don't regret it tho, I've grown so much thanks to it all, I am way stronger than when I started" she replied before something made a sound.

Aoi looked at her phone vibrating as she received messages, and without even looking at it, she knew who it was. She used her quirk and brought it towards herself and looked at the number. She took a deep breath and answered the phone.

"How can I help?" Aoi asked

"I sent you a location, you have 1 hour to be here" Shigaraki said before hanging up.

Aoi's eyes widened and then looked at her phone to see the message with the address.

"I guess I have no time to lose" Aoi said to herself while the reflection watched her change clothes to those she had chosen to act as a disguise.

"Interesting that you are getting called by him and not Kurogiri~" The reflection commented while crossing her legs mid air with an intrigued smile on her face showing nothing but mockery

"I-I... i guess it makes sense" Aoi replied as she used her quirk to make things quicker while she grabbed her phone and wallet so that she could use the train or a taxi to get there faster "Also I still want an answer from you, you keep avoiding answering why you are acting so strange ever since that moment"

"I told you yesterday that I don't have an answer for you~" The reflection replied

"Hmmm, either way..." Aoi replied as she jumped out of the window and using her quirk she took control over the nails that were on the base of her boots to float safely to the floor and start heading to the location sent to her "A dorm system... It will really get in between all my plans, but having this program will help me avoid dealing with my grandma now, and hopefully give me more private time to investigate my supposed father, but I have another issue right now... I don't know how I will deal with my tasks for Shigaraki while being kept inside UA, not only that but All For One asked me to be patient with him, but patient on what?"

"I thought you had already chosen your path~" the reflection commented

"I did, and I already told you as well, I will take the resources from both worlds in order to reach my ultimate goal, I won't be a slave of the hero commission and I won't be a pawn to destruction, but maybe All For One is right, Shigaraki just need a little more time to mature and then he will also have a straight goal like him... Shigaraki will change..."

"I don't understand your image of him, even less your feelings for Shigaraki"

"Hard to explain, I have nothing but admiration for All For One, but something about Shigaraki, I feel like I can relate to him so I feel sympathy, but his actions and decisions make it seem as if he was still a kid and can't carry on with the dream I have and was promised. It is a feeling of desire to protect and support him"