Chapter II: Lazy Days

Days soon turned to weeks that Harry Potter remained missing and at large; causing mass societal confusion, worrying, and fear to spread about the wizarding populace. Of what had happened to him, and why he had yet to be found or to return to them all. What would become of their world if he didn't come back.

Those same weeks soon became months; months that Harry remained stubbornly hidden away with Tom in his feline form and not desiring to part yet.

Whether or not that was the potion's doing, his feline instincts, a combination of them both, or his own mind; Harry could not have said easily or he couldn't have known. He only knew that both the Order of the Phoenix and the Ministry of Magic's Aurors were now out there constantly on a lookout for hide or hair of him.

Part of him felt guilty for hiding, but it was a small part that he very easily shoved out of his thoughts. And Harry was particularly not inclined to give himself over to them; knowing well the sort of scolding he would get for what he had chosen to do. The lectures about how dangerous it was and how he shouldn't have done it.

Not that he even had control over how he had ended up in this position; the damned potions accident and explosion. But...Harry was still grateful for this unfortunate accident, and he had a reason for staying this way right now; beyond his own selfish ones, that is.

Ever since Tom had mentioned that his soul and Harry's had been tied together; Harry had wanted to remain here to find out exactly what that would mean. Because at first it became clear that neither he nor Tom had any real idea as to the meaning of it.

Tom seemed to now have a few ideas of what it could mean though, and it also appeared he was determined now to find the truth of it all. Especially as the famed Dark Lord came to believe that someone he had trusted...they had been lying to him and he had also acted rashly.

Insanity being the least of the problem...

The more the older wizard learned and found; the more Harry did by extension...and, if those on the Light had been lying to him or hiding secrets he needed to know; Harry wanted the truth. He wanted to know if he would need to betray the side he had tried to fight for; for another one when it proved his former alliance and allegiance was not what appeared to be. But Harry also saw how his disappearance in the world was now affecting the man and taking a toll to him mentally and physically.

Tom constantly barricaded himself into his personal study and the library; pouring over tomes, scrolls, and all manner of other literary texts regarding magic of many categories, varieties, and topics. Searching almost desperately for answers... to what specific questions; Harry had no idea.

Yet, Harry remained beside of him as Loki. Offering him small amounts of comfort while waiting to see what he found. Harry also forced the man outside at times; to take breaks and clear his mind from whatever thoughts and worries he had. Tom; like Harry, he had surprised the younger wizard in how he was so alike to him when like this. Tom barely registered to eat and take simple care of himself with whatever now was plaguing his mind over his disappearance.

Harry was often the same when he was worried severely and trying find answers that he couldn't get help with from those around him.

Tom muttered underneath his breath at times and his words caused Harry guilt and to ache for him. He often muttered sadly about Harry needing to be alive. That he refused to believe that Harry wasn't alive, and that he would find him.

He would find him and try to convince him of his new knowledge and share these truths. And, to reveal what should maybe be between them despite the large gaps in their ages...the potential bond they may or may not share together...