Chapter XXIII: War Begins Amidst the Burning Sun

A/N: Just as a heads up; this is the final chapter of the first part of the Animal Instincts series.

Tom was smiling softly as he walked amongst the sands and the dunes towards the gardens of the home he shared with Harry; his mate cradled into his arms and pressed tenderly to his chest as he gently caressed his long hair to keep Harry calm in sleep. Harry was now pregnant with their second child; exhausted from this intense day and half of their love-making due to his possessive side getting riled, and he lied limp in Tom's arms from their long and very passionate playing; to their very animated tending to the others needs.

Tom's tall and imposing silhouette walking softly against the red dawning sun over the sands as he made his way into the gardens and then for the house. Harry moaning softly in waking as they approached it; his green eyes bleary and sated as he smiled to see Tom there and carrying him back...knowing he'd have been too tired to make it on his own for a while.

But that peace didn't last long; for Harry soon tensed up as his skin crawled. His eyes suddenly darkening in ire as they were narrowing on the house.

"Get to the house. Now!" He told his mate, "Something isn't right."

Tom didn't even question it; he knew better than to be suspicious of Harry's instincts. He narrowed his eyes as he then made sure Harry was protected in his embrace as he made a run for it to the house. Tom practically flying there; where they heard spells being cast. Both for protection and fighting.

Harry's body didn't want to move; his whole frame ached and was sore enough to not want to do anything but to lie down, but he forced his body up as it screamed at him in protest. He suddenly jumped up and from Tom; transfiguring his attire to his combat outfit.

Though he left his feet bare; which might seem dangerous or odd to some, but if he was fighting as Loki at all...it was better for his feet to change into their paws and not to need to transform with shoes on.

The dress/robe combination was for easier movement for him; and the garment was enchanted with numerous spells for his own protection. While it looked pretty and did not appear to give much in the way of protections; that appearance was rather deceiving.

Given the number of goblin enchantments to this armor, plus the hidden imbedded runes, and all the spells that Tom, Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, Luna, and Hermione had all added into the clothing.

(Harry's Combat Robes as the Sacred Vessel and the Great Radiant One)

Quickly fixing his hair up and out of his face while he summoned his golden chained pearl and diamond circlet to use to keep his hair in place; he made sure his revival bracelet was cinched on securely.

Not moments after; he transformed to Loki as icy magic began to swirl and was circling his body like a cloudy storm becoming visible to the naked eye, and then was seen darting and rushing off at high speed to get to the fighting.