Prologue: A Cat-Tastrophe, Or Is It?

The next time Harry Potter woke up; it was fuzzy and bleary-eyed while his small body stretched out before he stiffened to the feel of claws kneading into damp earth and then eyed his hands; which were now small, clawed white and smoky black-grey spotted and striped paws. He gently opened his mouth to use his tongue and found a sharp set of teeth before he closed it. One paw lifted as he felt his head and confirmed a set of pointed ears; which then explained his new sense of hearing. His eyesight was also loads better like this.

Yet, Harry looked around and realized he was no longer at Hogwarts. He was in someone's bedroom, a very rich and luxuriant one despite its average size for magical standards; lying upon a very damp towel in the middle of the only bed in the room before the lit fireplace that likely had been used to dry him from whatever disaster he'd managed to find himself in. Which also explained the damp earth sensation before. Harry idly also entertained the idea that he probably had been knocked out cold due to shock; otherwise his small cat-body would have woken to someone drying him.

 Harry idly also entertained the idea that he probably had been knocked out cold due to shock; otherwise his small cat-body would have woken to someone drying him

(The Master Bedroom; just imagine the fireplace somewhere off to the right out of the framing.)

He jumped and started as his fur stood on end when the door opened to admit the one person he shouldn't have ever desired to see.

Tom Marvolo Riddle, better known as the Dark Lord Voldemort, he stood there in all his renewed glory and smiled to the small creature. He walked to it slowly; seeing as he had scared or startled it before, and gently reached to pet it's head.

Surprised somewhat as the small thing didn't try to back away from him in wariness and had allowed him to pet him.

Harry purred contentedly to that motion; his animal side giving in quickly to the affection being shown to him. Tom chuckled lightly, "I am glad you're okay little one; you gave me quite a start when you suddenly dropped from the tree in the garden to my pond."

Harry internally was confused now. How in the name of Merlin and Morgana had he landed in a tree? Never-mind one in the backyard to the home of the resident evil overlord of Great Britain? How had he managed to give Hogwarts the slip?

Because Harry didn't remember making plans to leave soon...

Tom then eyed him with a smile and smirk combo, "And now that I have gotten a good look at you; what is a rare thing like you doing in Britain anyways? How did an Arctic Snow-Tiger cub land itself in my garden, hm?"