Chapter VIII: The Land of Egypt and Gringotts

The sun was already high up amidst the sky and the clouds as they entered the main thoroughfare for shopping in magical Egypt. Warm rays falling to the ground and seeping into each and every one thing or person. The breeze was light and airy; infused with the scent of spices, incense, and perfumes that lingered exotically. The great variety of open-air stalls showcasing an even greater variety of goods; it made Harry smile to see.

Yet, they noticed that as they walked among the daily on-goings; people stopped to stare at them both. Eyes widened and in shock; before a good number of them would soon incline their head to Harry, or even go as far as to bow down before him.

All as he was attached to Tom's arm.

Tom thought it was because they were so well-dressed and hadn't felt auras like theirs before. That was until they passed a pool of water and he had them stop; his eyes startled as he made Harry focus on his reflection. Harry then gasped as he very tenderly touched his face near to his eyes without damaging his make-up; the normal pupils were gone and left with a more cat-like one. His teeth; several of them were sharper and more pointed.

"Wh-What is going on?" He asked faintly as he knelt to the pool and stared, "How did this change without me knowing?"

Tom eased himself to a crouching position and gently rubbed his back, "I don't know, Beloved. But I do think Gringotts first is now a much better decision."

Harry nodded slowly as he lightly took his hand and allowed Tom to help him up to his feet. They didn't walk faster now; but felt a sense of urgency.

Harry smiled wider as he stepped into the Bank's Egyptian branch; so different from the British one. The walls were lined with ornate slabs of stone and pictures recovered from the ancient pyramids and tombs of magical Egypt. Fine fur rugs, ornate vases filled with aromatic flowers or green ferns in several key spots while cushy benches and lounges sat for those waiting.

Displays of ancient artifacts; vases, jewelry, and more...they too were interspersed about the entry and foyer.

They paused as a goblin rushed to them and bowed while almost out of breath, "We've been expecting you both. Please, follow me back to the interior rooms. This is no place for this discussion."

Harry leaned to Tom as he eyed him in question; the man's countenance immediately going cold and hardening as he clutched Harry to him.

"Very well." He intoned, "Lead the way."

The goblin bowed and then beckoned them as whispers broke out; causing Harry to become nervous and watch with wary eyes. Tom looking to him and softly spoke, "I won't let anything happen to you. I won't let any harm come to you."

Harry breathed, "I know. I just...have this weird feeling about this, and it makes me nervous."

The goblin walked them to a large room and silently bade them to enter. Tom opened the door and he led them inside; stopping with wide eyes as he saw the chamber. This was...

Harry's breath was short...He let go of Tom and walked further into the room; smiling as he held out his arms and immediately began to draw the magic of the place into himself. It was a sight as he began to dance; Harry hadn't ever really danced much and neither were sure where all this new knowledge is coming from.

It was when the three goblins came from shadow; that Harry screeched and ran to Tom. Grabbing him and using him to protect him.

"So. It is true then." One said, "I can hardly believe it."

Tom gently lifted Harry to his arms and walked them over to the goblins as he calmed his mate down from his intense panic.

"What is true?" He asked in a very cold tone, "You've upset my bonded; I am not pleased by this display."