Chapter XIII: The First Days of Parenthood

It was clear to everyone who now surrounded the Riddle couple in Egypt; that Harry was overjoyed to be a parent. He was always smiling and beaming whenever anyone complimented how good he appeared after his birthing or how beautiful their daughter was to them. He never seemed to get angry at anything; even for how exhausted he was due to the ups and downs at night to go feed Nefertari; considering Harry now also refused to use a bottle and formula unless he had to, because his body adapted for feeding.

It was a...very strange sight to Tom; not that he loved Harry less for it, oh no; in fact, he had come to adore Harry with such devotion while his body stayed that way. It was just odd; knowing without a doubt that your partner was a male and now had his male lower parts back, yet his chest was so...filled.

Harry got dressed so beautifully and radiantly each day as he then toted their daughter about after feeding her to do his morning ritual of making breakfast, checking in on the elves and the greenhouses, and going over his supplies to see if any needed replaced before he opened the doors to the healing room for the day.

Nefertari wrapped in a body sling about him as he smiled and attended to anyone who came to the room; though he did take precautions for their daughter if he sensed the person was ill and potentially contagious. Using magic to ward himself and her; to keep the germified air away and protecting them both from illness. She was too young yet for her first magical vaccines, and Harry didn't want to chance anything.

Which Tom was most grateful for.

As Harry whiled away with Nefertari in the healing room; Tom was busy establishing his own network for information in Egypt; to keep track of potential dangers and problems for them there. After Harry had been attacked as Loki just barely before the time for the birth; Tom had known it was time to do more.

Ashuren had recently taken over complete control of his chosen organization, and he had been only too willing to help; if only to keep access to the rare goods that Tom and Harry seemed to naturally cross and their wealth. Tom and Harry; they decided to keep funding them for now, as Ashuren's network had spared them greatly, and Tom was not as established yet.

Once Tom was feeling better over his own network; Ashuren knew the funding amount would dramatically decrease, but it was still very generous, so he was not in any hurry to cut ties with the Riddle Family.

Tom was always there for dinner with them and Luna; who still had yet to leave. Harry was almost suspicious that she didn't want to leave their guesthouse, and had rather literally claimed it as her own home. Which was fine with them of course, but still kind of irritating that she hadn't said so.

Tom was getting rather anxious to take Nefertari to see Lucius and get her acquainted to her godfather. Harry, on the other hand, he kept stalling it and finding excuses not to go. Tom was kind of puzzled as to why, but he hadn't outright asked yet.

So, now here stood Tom; as he watched Harry play with Nefertari; smiling softly as he did so, yet slowly approached and saw her lift her eyes to him. She grinned and held her arms to Tom as he grinned back to her; taking her from Harry, who pouted but then smiled to them.

"Hello little goddess, how are you today?" He held her as she smiled and made noises exuberantly at him, "Were you an angel again for your Dad?" He asked

Tom then nodded as if she spoke and he agreed and smiled to her, "I see. Yes, you were an angel then. You're always an angel, little goddess." He kissed her forehead as Harry wrapped his arms to Tom and smiled at them, "The sun is going down and the desert will soon cool off; let's us go home. I am going to make a nice dinner tonight; as I feel really good." He told them

Tom smiled as he wrapped an arm to Harry and held Nefertari safely to the other as they walked the paths of their estate from the healing room back to main house and enjoyed the sunset. As the air became crisper and the blue-purple shine of the stars came out from hiding.