Chapter 13

There are times when a person has to face the consequences of their decisions.  This was one of those times where he had the bear the consequences of his actions.

He didn't know why he agreed, but when she looked at him with a rare smile he had to say yes.  Not to mention she was one of his best soldiers.

Plus if he disagreed he would probably be in a world of trouble.   He was still in trouble. 

Someone had entered the room handing him a small flash drive along with a letter to meet later. With the amount of precautions it took to get the flash drive he knew that the information was sensitive. 

When he realized who it was in the video he knew that he had made a mistake in agreeing to be Percy's godfather. 

Fury reviewed the video again and again.   "Nothing surprises me anymore," Fury said, earlier today.   Now he was watching the video, and was floored. 

Fury was paranoid, but he couldn't go after his godson.   He needed to have a talk with the boy.

He opened up the letter and read the contents.   He then burned the paper.  Message received.

He would come to the tower and play the role of godfather.   Natasha wrote scathing words that she usually did not voice.  It showed how upset she was.   Poor Natasha, she was a mother now but stuck with a mafia type father.

Of course, that was there perception of Poseidon.  With no other details they could not help but think they were dealing with a gang related crime lord that have been around for generations.  

It had the potential to be worse than the organization Hydra who had been around for generations.

Fury looked at the flash drive and smashed it.   Natasha wanted absolute discretion and he agreed.  Percy didn't seem like the initiator, but a victim caught up in the drama.   Fury just hoped he wasn't making a mistake.  Just this once he would put away the paranoia.  Would Percy let him down?

                       *                   *                  *

Yesterday was nice.  His mom laid off the prying, and they were able to have a nice conversation. 

Percy told his mom he wanted to go out, and she agreed on the condition that he had an escort.   He declined.  She insisted.  He declined.  She threatened confinement, and now Steve was playing escort to him.  This was going to have to change soon.  Otherwise there would be issues.   Demigod issues.

Leo met up with them along with Nico.   Nico was looking gloomy until he looked up and saw Captain America.

Nico's face lit up.   "Your Captain America!"

Steve smiled at Nico.   "Yeah that's me.   You can call me Steve.  It's nice to meet Percy's friend."

"Cousin," Nico corrected.

Steve looked confused.   "I was under the impression that Sally didn't have any other relatives."

Percy saw the danger warning.  He made a warning sign in the back of Steve, but it was too late. 

"No through his dad's side.  Percy's dad is my uncle."

Percy sighed dramatically.  Steve smiled, but he knew that he was going to report this to his mom.  Oh well at least Nico didn't reveal he had powers.

At least that is what he thought.  Natasha had drawn the conclusion that anyone under his father's domain had the possibility of having powers.  

Steve turned to Leo.  Leo was spaced out thinking of inventions so he did see the hand signs that Percy was giving him. 

Steve turned and asked.  His voice leaked a little concern.   "Are you Percy's relative too?"

"Sorry what did you say," Leo asked.

Steve repeated his question.   Leo tilted his head.  "Yeah I guess you can say that.  It's kind of distant though.  Not like Nico and Percy."

Percy groaned.  Steve turned to look at him.  "Don't tell my mom," Percy said. 

Steve looked down at him.  "She is your mom, she needs to know this information."

"I am confused doesn't Sally know," Leo asked.

Steve turned to look at Percy.  Percy shrugged uncomfortable.   "I haven't had the chance to tell them.  Don't judge me."

"What's going on dude?"

Percy did a quick recap of what happened.   Nico looked lost in thoughts probably thinking of his own situations. 

"Yup seems like them," Leo said.

Nico nodded.  "Just be glad they didn't erase your memories and make you forget your own mother."

Nico looked embarrassingly at Steve.  He looked away huffing.

"Did they do that to you Nico," Steve asked, angrily. 

Nico nodded.  "Yeah, but it's not as bad as i6 sounds."

"Let's go already," Leo whined.  "The store with the parts will not be there if we stay here talking."  Leo was jumping up and down yelling . 

Steve did not know what to make of him.  He still answered anyway.  "I am sure the parts will still be there.  I don't think the store can move."

"Well let's not find out!  Let's go!"

Finally they set out and got the parts.  Leo looked over Percy and pouted.  "I was originally going to go over to your house after, but since you have a new..."

"You can come over I am sure Natasha won't mind," Steve said. 

Natasha instructed him to get all the information he could.   Steve had a feeling that these two could lead to even more information.  

Percy tried to think.  This could be a bad idea, but was it really?  I mean it was friends hanging out.  What is so wrong about that?  I mean I guess it would be fine.  The initial greetings was because they were spooked. 

"Really that would be awesome," Leo screamed.

"I didn't agree to this," Nico said.  

"Come of death breath," Leo said.  He started tugging at Nico.  

Nico let out a huff.   "Fine, but don't expect me to be happy about it."

"Yay," Leo screamed.

"Is he always like this," Steve asked.  

Percy nodded.  "He is even worse if you give home sugar."

They all walked back to the tower.