Chapter 18

Capture the flag was a must!  Going back to camp was not only fun but it was preparation for the outside world.   Percy couldn't have his skills getting rusty. 

Clarisse challenged him the volcano wall.  He had happily obliged, and Clarisse was a sore loser.  

When they all gathered around for food Percy had told Leo all about how Tony was interested in him.   "He is a stalker, so sorry dude."

Leo nodded along.   "No that totally sucks, cause I wanted to work with him."

Percy nodded along.   What they did not expect was Apollo to casually stroll in towards Percy.   He had been here for two days.   "Percy!"

Percy turned to Apollo.   He waved at Apollo.   Apollo sighed.  "Hermes was supposed to give you this message, but he is busy dealing with something.   He needs you to contact Natasha with Chiron's phone.  She is causing a ruckus since your disappearance."

Percy got up and started walking fast with Apollo.   "By ruckus?"

"There about to put an alert out on a missing kid."

Percy groaned.  He did not want that to happen again.  He remembered the nation wide hunt for him when he was younger and would rather skip that situation again.  

He walked quickly to Chiron who already dialed the phone number.   The phone call went through.

"Hello," Natasha said.   "I don't recognize this number and this is a secure line so you better start talking on how you got this number."

"Well I don't know how exactly they got this number," Percy said.

"Percy," Natasha said.   She sounded relieved.   "Where are you?"

"Camp," Percy said.  

Percy turned to Apollo.  "Is she allowed to know where camp is?"

Apollo shrugged.  "She is your mother so we allow the parents to know.  You are not technically breaking any of our rules."

"She is going to figure it out eventually," Chiron said.  

Apollo left the room.   He made a face saying it wasn't his concern.  

"Percy!"

There was a yell on the other side of the phone.   "Geez, you don't have to yell," Percy said. 

"Apparently I do because a brat spaces off all the time."

"You keep on getting meaner every time.  When I first met you you were all I love my son.   Awe look at him.  Now it's all this brat.   This sassy teenager."

There was laughter on the the other side of the phone.   "See Percy is fine."  He heard the familiar voice of Tony.  

Percy sighed.   Tony was back.

"Percy," Leo said.  Percy turned to the phone and smirked.  

"Hey Leo," he said, loudly.  

"Leo's there!!!   What the heck?!  Who is at this camp!  I want to go," Tony said.  

Leo shook his head.  "Not cool man," he said.  "I was about to invite you to see my new invention but not anymore."

"I want to see!   I can be your best friend."  Tony the creep was screaming on the other side of the phone.  

"Did you make another robot dragon," Chiron asked.

"No, I did not."

"It better not be another bomb," Chiron said in a stern voice.  

"Your no fun," Leo said.  

"I don't want to hear how you set off a smoke bomb in another cabin."

"Got to go," Leo said. 

"Don't cause more trouble," Chiron warned.

"I won't!"

"Percy I am afraid I am going to have to leave you.  I have to go before the kids start causing anymore mischief.   I am going to find the camp counselors."

"Okay, have fun!"

"Don't forget you are supposed to take a couple of kids to train later."

"Of course!"

"So Percy, camp is a training ground for kids."

"It's for survival for the outside world.  A lot of people want to kill us."

"Yeah you mentioned that.  And Steve looked freaked out when something attacked you when you were with him," Tony said.

"Is that why you ended up at the hospital," Natasha asked.  She finally connected the dots.

"Yup," Percy said.

Natasha breathed out.  "So this camp?  Am I allowed to pick you up?"

"Yes, but you have to drop me off every week otherwise they will come to pick me up."

"So where are you?"

"Long Island, search for the strawberry fields. Don't try to tell or bring anyone. Your mind will be erased if you do." If Natasha and her friends mind got erased because she tried to expose the secret, Percy would be indifferent. He was loyal to his friends, and the information was life and death.

"What you were that close and we couldn't find you," Tony yelled.  

"Yeah just don't go and reveal this place.  A lot of kids rely on this place to survive."

"I understand.  We will keep it secret for now.  I am coming to pick you up."

"Okay, take your time cause I have to teach a few rookies on swordplay."

"Are you a camp counselor? Is that why you have to come back."

"Yeah, but it's not full time."

"Okay, well I will see you there."

She hung up.  

An Iris message popped up.  Percy turned and looked.   "Percy, there is an attack coming to camp."

Percy turned his face looking serious.  "Who?"

"They call themselves Hydra.  We were going to erase their memories, but they have been a nuisance and thought you should deal with them.   We will erase their memories of you after you capture them."

Percy narrowed his eyes.  "You are doing all this because you are annoyed."

A laugh was the only thing heard before it was cut off. 

Percy ran out of the camp in order to make preparations.  The only thing in his head was him wishing for Annabeth to be here with him.  Unfortunately she was away on an internship.   "Campers," Percy yelled.   "Call a meeting!   We are under attack!"