Chapter 20

There is something called privacy and sadly Percy did not have it.   He was annoyed at the stalkers staring at him like a hawk would a prey.  Even when he was eating he felt eyes on him.   

Natasha did not speak of the incident.   Percy knew that she wanted him to be fed up by the silence on that that he would bring it up himself and spill the beans.   That was not happening.  

Percy would have fallen into the web of the black widow if it was not for Annabeth doing the same thing to him when she was angry at him.   He was a fool, but he would not be falling for the same trick.

Percy wondered when she would break.   Would finally give in to asking questions.   Percy admitted it was a nice reprieve.   If only he could do something about their stares.  It was unnerving.  

"Do you enjoy those cereals," Natasha asked.  

What kind of question was that?   "Yeah the cereals are good."

Natasha nodded and didn't speak.  

"Do you need something mom?"

"I need my son to be safe."   Still wasn't going to bring it up.   Fine be that way.

"Huh, that's the same goal your son has."

Natasha smiled shaking her head.   "Really, it does not look like that especially with...". She cut herself off.  

"With what?"   Percy smiled against the spoon of the cereal.  Was she finally give in and be the first to ask a question.  

"You know what I am doing," Natasha realized.  

Percy looked up at tilted his head and acted like he was confused.   "Being an overprotective mother?"

Natasha's mouth tilted up.  "You are a good liar."

"Calling your son a liar seems rude."

"It's not good to lie to yourself too."

"Wow calling me delusional in a subtle way. What kind of mother insults her own son."

Natasha was about to speak when Steve came rushing in through the elevator. He ran straight towards us. "SHEILD is compromised. You need to hide underground immediately. They declared me a traitor."

Natasha got up immediately. A hard edge was in her voice and she said the words "Let's move."

She started walking off without her son. Did she forget her own son. Maybe she was the one with ADHD. Natasha stopped herself and turned back. "I am calling Tony to babysit. Stay with Tony."

"No, that is a punishment," Percy said.

"Percy I don't have time to argue. Just stay with Tony."

"While you go off on another dangerous mission? No way!"

Tony came in a second later. "You didn't even call him yet he comes in like an unwanted..."

"Did you forget that this is my tower?"

Percy sighed. He did forget that.

"Take care of Percy!"

"What? Why me?! I got my own stuff to deal with!"

"Just do it!"

Natasha left with Steve wearing a baseball hat and sunglasses.

Percy continued eating his cereal. "You were just freaking out a minute ago about your mom leaving you. Why are you so calm?"

"This isn't the first time this happened. I just never thought I would be on the other side. Plus didn't you say you had other things to deal with. Leave me alone and deal with them. I can take care of myself."