Chapter 14

No one was there when they arrived, so this was good.  Natasha had a mission, and left a list of rules for Percy.  Steve looked over and read the note over Percy's shoulder.

The letter started out as follows:

Dear Percy, 

I am going away on a mission.   I have a list of rules to follow.  I know that this is early on in the relationship, but it is my job as your mother to keep you safe.  If you fail to follow these rules I will have to put away the nice guy act.  You really don't want to see my bad side.

1.  If you have issues tell Steve.  I am on a mission and I won't be able to come running. 

2.  Don't mess with Tony's stuff. (This was done in another handwriting.  It was obviously Tony who wrote this rule.).   Feel free to use the rooms as long as you keep the fascination of Tony's wonderful creations to yourself.

3.   Don't ditch Steve. 

The rest should be obvious.  I trust you have common sense.   I will come back as soon as this mission is over.   Be safe.

Leo was exploring the room and examining everything while Percy read.   Percy sighed before looking over at Steve in frustration.   Steve looked at Percy who gave him the letter.   "Can you read this for me?"

There seemed to be a misconception.   "You can't read?"   Steve's mind started spiraling with thoughts of what kind of condition he might have gone through. 

Percy smiled at this.   At least some of his private life was intact.   Percy was under the impression that Steve read his file.  This cleared Percy's suspicions of all the avengers being extremely nosy.   Steve did read his file, but he glazed over the medical section because that was Bruce's job. 

Percy who seemed to be in a happier mood shook his head and explained.   Steve listened, a little perplexed by the change in mood.   "I can read, but I have trouble with my dyslexia.  It's easier if it's in Greek. For some reason my dyslexia is better."

Steve nodded.  "If you need me to read this I can.   I can also talk talk to Natasha about getting you help."

Percy shook his head.  "No thanks.  I hate school."

Steve started reading.   Leo and Nico turned to listen.   Leo shifted around while Nico huffed on some parts when Steve was reading.

"So does that mean we can go and see Tony's workshop and use it," Leo asked, after Steve finished reading.

"Well I guess...."   Tony said not to mess with his stuff, but as long as the person did not touch his stuff then it was fine.

Leo ran out of the room dragging his newly purchased stuff.  Then he realized he didn't know where.  Steve looked over to Percy.  "Stay here while I show your friend where the workshop room is.  

Percy gave him a salute.  "Yes captain!"  The salute was serious for a second before Percy's face turned into a smirk so similar to Natasha that Steve was speechless for a moment.

"Have you been talking to your mother," Steve asked.   He could not help but compare than too.   He remembered Natasha calling him a fossil and smirking.  It was the same but different.

"Well yes I have been talking to her.   That's how it usually goes.  She talks and then I talk back.  Now what we talk about is a not really your business, but it usually ends with her..."

Steve started dragging Leo to escape.  

"I wasn't finished," Percy said.  Percy pouted like Steve hurt his feeling.