Chapter 21

Earlier During the Day...

Natasha walked to a camper with a gun in hand. She was alert and ready. She lowered it when she saw the man laying down on her bed.

"Your in my bed," she said.

"I'm...I'm not even under the covers."

He got up from bed as she spoke. "Did you get everything on my list?"

"Got passports, entry visas, a couple of local driver's licenses. Mix and match, you should be able to stretch it to 20 or so identities."

Natasha ruffled through the papers as he spoke. The papers making ruffling noises. Suddenly she looked up as if startled. "Fanny  Long-bottom?!" Her voice raised slightly.

"What?" He asked this even as he knowingly smiled at the Russian spy.

"What, are you 12?"

"That is a legitimate name," he said, chuckling. He broke off laughing and rolled up his sleeves as if he was getting serious. "We've got a generator outside. It's petrol-powered. And the septic tank will need a flush in a couple of weeks, but, you know, I've got a guy coming in for that."

Natasha looked out into the window as he walked through his explanation.

"You have to haul your rubbish into town. It's just a 20 minute drive. I've got your basic hardware kit stashed under the stairs."

Natasha nodded and looked towards where he pointed towards during his explanation. "Nice," she said, showing little enthusiasm.

The man stared at her in concern. His eyebrows scrunched and he stared at her in concentration. "Are you okay?"

Natasha smiled at the corner of her mouth. Her mouth lifted halfway unable to stretch out into a fully smile. She stared at him in the eyes and asked, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I hear things. You know, something about the Avengers getting divorced and your son..."

Natasha shook her head and looked down. Percy was fine without her. She just hoped his father did not do anything to him. Natasha couldn't help blaming him for a lot of things, but Percy was strong. He was a fighter just like she was. "Ugh. It's fine." She shook her head and look up. "I'm actually better on my own."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Because you can tell me you know. That's the way the whole friend thing works."

"I know. I have friends."

"People who have friends don't call me."

"And I don't pay you to worry." Natasha did not want to talk about the avengers or her son. She had to focus on something else otherwise she would be even more lost.

She watched him walked out regretting her words as guilt touched her heart. She was unable to take it back in fear of him touching sensitive topics. She was not ready to deal with it. "Oh, hey." He turned around.

Natasha nudged her foot against a box. "What is all this junk?"

"Oh just some mail and personals from the Budapest safe house."

Natasha's eyes scrunched together. She tilted her head slightly and said the name correctly, "Budapest?"

"Yeah Budapest," he said, once again mispronouncing the name.

"No it's "Budapest.""

"Budapest," mispronouncing the word again.

"It's "Budapest"."