Chapter 17

Fury kept on giving glares as the sassy teenager in front of him kept evading his questions.

Percy smiled innocently at Fury, like he hadn't been subtly irking him. He had played off incidents like whoops he didn't know.

Fury turned to Natasha. "Did you teach your son how to evade questions? Because he seems to be an expert."

Natasha ruffled Percy's hair roughly. It was like she didn't know how to be gentle. "Ahh," Percy exclaimed.

Natasha acted like she wasn't hurting Percy. "This little guy came to me with these skills. I've only had him for a week." Natasha started ruffling roughly.

"And you have been absent for a few days," Percy added. Natasha started ruffling his hair again. "Ahh," Percy said. He ran away from her cruel hands. "Child abuse," he muttered under his breath.

"What was that," Natasha asked. Her voice was back to that cold dangerous controlled voice.

"That you love your one and only son."

Natasha sighed. "Yes well you likely won't have any siblings because I am unable to procreate."

"It's okay, I already have a few."

Natasha looked over to Percy.  "But Sally doesn't have any kids."

"But my dad does.   I have a little brother named Tyson.  Then there is my brother Triton from my step-mother Amphrite."

Natasha hit her hand on her head.  "Percy why are you giving us this information.  I thought you couldn't say."

"I can't say certain things, but if you have a question about something that would not be about the secret then..."

"You could tell us," Fury said.  

Percy nodded. 

Natasha turned her attention to Percy.   "Percy, I thought your dad was in love with Sally.  But he has a wife."

Percy smiled nervously.  How did he explain this.  He couldn't say that his mom was mortal and there were laws placed by Zeus a long time ago.  "My dad is a king of a place and they would never approve."

Natasha inhaled a sharp breath and Fury yelled "Repeat that."

"They would never approve."

"No rewind that to the fact that your father is a king.  Of what nation?  I am very interested in your answer," Fury said.

"That's where the secret comes in.  Can't say anything else."

"So does that mean your a prince," Natasha asked.  

"Yes, but I don't like it when people use formalities."  Percy looked sheepish as both Natasha and Fury stared at Percy.

Natasha looked to her child and was even more concerned.   Prince!  As soon as he was born he was in danger on both sides of the family.   Percy's dad probably had a lot of wealth but he didn't see any of that with Sally.   He should be paying child support.  Instead he only called her son when it was convenient for him. 

Fury was puzzling over this information as well.   Probably puzzling over how an entire nation can fall out of his radar.   He didn't like secrets and this was bugging him.   He was thinking of Percy's powers and the fact that he was a prince.  

"Are you in line for the throne," Fury asked.

Percy thought of the times that the gods offered him immortality.  He would have been given a title and power over a region making him a king.   Becoming a god was like becoming a king cause you had to rule over that section.  "No, I rejected that power."

Both Natasha and Fury were stunned.  "You rejected being a king," Fury said. 

"Why," Natasha asked. 

Percy sighed.   "Because I would have to separate from those I love.  I would be mostly cut off from the world, and I am not into that."

"Very mature choice," Natasha said. 

"Yes, it was.   Are you interested in doing some work for SHIELD."

"No," Natasha and Percy said at the same time.   Natasha and Percy looked at each other.  Natasha narrowed her eyes and Percy stuck out his tongue at her. 

"I take back the mature," Natasha said.  

Percy opened his mouth and then closed it.  He looked hurt and turned away.  "How could you take back what you said?" 

Fury turned to Natasha ignoring the soap opera.  "Are you sure you can't remember anything?"

"No."

There was a flash, and then a man in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts showed up.  The smell of ocean flooded the room.  

Both Natasha and Fury looked stunned for a second before they aimed their guns at Poseidon.  "Who are you?!"

Of course Posideon ignored them and smiled at Percy.  "Percy how are you doing?"

Percy turned and looked exasperated at his dad.  "You do realize you broke into a super secretive organization,"

"Yes well it's not really an issue, I could just erase their memories." 

Percy shook her head.  "Don't do that.  I hated it when aunt did that to me for a few months."

"Percy who is this," Natasha asked.   Since she wasn't getting answers from the man it was only logical that they get answers from Percy. 

"Oh it's my dad."  

Poseidon waved at them.  Natasha glared at Posideon.  "He doesn't look like a king," she muttered.  

Posideon grumbled.   "I get that a lot.   I wouldn't act so high and mighty.  Looking into my son's life so much.  I was thinking of revealing the secret to you Natasha but seeing as to how you conduct yourself I rather not.  Percy did you know that they have a video of using your powers!"

Fury looked angry.  "You better start talking."

Poseidon took away the guns with a flick and water.  There was a storm raging behind his eyes.  Eyes similar to Percy.  

"Percy has duties at camp.  Usually I would send someone else to come fetch him, but I wanted to warn you." 

"Close your eyes or not be blinded," Percy warned.  

Natasha and Fury closed their eyes and then Percy was at camp.  

"By son," Posideon said. 

Percy turned and saw the people at camp.  He smiled a little and then laughed joyfully as he reunited with his friends.