CHAPTER 20

Alya's pov~

  I glided around the room, moving to the rhythm of the song as I folded Alessio's clothes. I hummed along. my body light.

It had been two days since my nightmare. Alessio and I didn't talk about it again. He never pushed for more or asked more questions. He was giving me the time I needed, and I was forever thankful for that.

I should be counting my days. I should tell the truth. But soon, I would.
I just wanted to live this moment for a little while longer before I left my life in the hands of fate.

Once I gave Alessio my truth, he would be the judge, jury, and the my executioner. death. I would have no choice but to accept his decision, even if it meant I just wanted to bask in this happiness for a little while longer. Maybe I was a horrible person for that.

I didn't know...but I didn't care, either. I just wanted to continue being happy.

After folding the last of Alessio's clothes, I quickly held my hair in a ponytail.

It has been two days. Alessio's punishment was over. He would be coming for me soon. Anticapation and desire licked its way through my body, and l quivered, pressing my thighs together.

I was about to step away from the bed when I noticed my book on the floor.
Shaking my head, I bent down, my fingers grasping the book.

I went to stand up. My back was almost straightened, but I never got a chance

A hard body wrapped around me. I let out a scream, and a hand covered my
mouth, muffling me. I struggled as tears stung my eyes, but the strong body kept
me in place.

Fear slithered its way into my body, and my mind started to race, my heart
pounding.I was pushed torward, and I fell onto the bed, my eyes closing on bed

My body was flipped around so that I was on my back, and the body settled
over mine. I squeezed my eyes shut, refusing to look at the man.

What if the devil had found me?