06.

chapter six: same time, same place, sweetheart

"HEY. HOW WAS your day?" Jisung asks, giving me a once-over as I stumble into the house.

Meanwhile, I'm still unable to answer his question and not because I am heaving, hands on my knees while trying to catch my breath.

Sorry, Jisung.

Giving him only a single glance, I make a run for it.

I need to get in before Johnny sees me-

"Areum! How many times do I have to tell you about this? It's an everyday thing now!" I'm stopped by -speak of the devil- Johnny, with his hand on one hip, a basket of laundry in the other. Then, with a small squint, he gasps, "Why do you still have your uniform on at this hour?"

Sorry, Johnny.

Instead of answering him straight away, which he generally prefers, I dash into my room, shutting my door -not slamming it- and finally hopping on my bed with a violent bounce on its mattress.

Since my phone has finally connected to the house's internet, it begins to flood with what feels and sounds like a billion notifications, all at once, non-stop.

Most of them being my other close friend - and also Lucas' younger sister- Fei.

I, unfortunately, couldn't catch her the past few weeks since she's been bedridden in the hospital due to recovery from her appendicitis surgery.

F 🦋

how did lessons go?

F 🦋

it's been two hours

where r u?

F 🦋

did he kidnap u?

if not, ur making me worried 😑

TEN 🍯

you get home safe?

if he's done anything stupid or wants to kidnap u, send a '<3'

@tastes_like_honey sent you a message!

did u get home safe?

And the saga continues. Sighing, I take off my blazer and shoes and then loosen my tie. For some reason, both of my best friends believe Taemin wants to kidnap me.