11.

chapter eleven:  promise me

THE NIGHT OF DA BIN'S PARTY

AFTER FRANTICALLY DIALLING for a cab, I find myself pushing back my drenched hair and forcing my hands to rub at my running makeup.

My dress is also soaking wet due to the pouring rain outside, my flip-flop-covered feet making a squeaky, squelching noise with every rushed step of my power walk.

Room 324, the nurse had said. I've been on the seventh floor with room numbers ranging from 340 to 360, yet it feels like I've spent forever looking for it.

Eventually, I find it, one hand knocking on the large, oak door and the other pushing it open.

Once I realise that no one else is inside and stroll in any way, I'm met with a still unconscious Ten on the hospital bed.

I sigh with exhaustion once my body hits the chair's comfortable material and switch my phone off as soon as Fei's drunken spam starts popping up within each second that passes.

"You could've died," I mutter, facing him with a frown on my face. "But you've always made stupid decisions anyway. Getting your stomach pumped happens to be one of them."

Silence, obviously. He doesn't need to hear my secret complaints and loving scolding.

"I should say sorry, though. Probably shouldn't have yelled at you like that, especially if you were just trying to help. Just don't drink yourself to the point of alcohol poisoning."

"Only because I want to. Not because you said so, A."

I scream, staring at his body that still has its eyes closed.

"You're awake?! Why would you scare me like that? Oh, you want me to join you here? You son of-"

I'm immediately cut off from cursing him out when he sits up abruptly and covers my mouth with his large hands, eyes widened as he points to the open door.

I shut it, returning to my seat. We sit in awkward silence from then, until I notice that he'd been staring at the side of my face for a good five minutes or more.

"What're you looking at?"

He has his ankles crossed and his knees up to his chin, head resting on it. He lifted it when I spoke.

"So...you're actually sorry?"

"You're stupid, do you know that?"

He chuckles quietly, sighing through his nose.