08.

chapter eight: alone, again

"AREUM!" FEI ENTHUSIASTICALLY calls for me in the classroom as if we haven't seen each other in years when really, it's only been a single weekend.

I sigh anyway, already used to this sort of behaviour from her and pull out my books with assignments, resting my head on the table.

"Why does school exist?" I whine quietly.

"So you can get an education?"

"Shut up and let me wallow in my self-pity, Ten." I shoot back.

I notice that he's changed his hair, which is odd since I know he loves it way too much. It has gone from long and pitch black to a mix of blonde and chestnut brown with dark roots. It's shorter and has been flopped over to one side thanks to the parting and shaven neatly on the other.

It makes him look different. More mature.

I want to point it out but I'm interrupted by the alarm I set for myself on my phone that would alert me so that I'd know when my next class would be approaching.

Chemistry.

Oh, how I dread it.

Normally, I'd be attentive and alert, but I can't get a certain someone out of my head. His luscious, black hair I secretly hope he never cuts, and his expensive taste. Even down to what he smells like: A warm, summer's day with a mixture of exotic wine made with the best fruits. I'm sure it's probably what he drinks all day.

Now I'm praying he's in school as I walk to the lab. He's not my seating partner or anything, but his seat favours me in the sense that I can shamelessly stare at him with a low chance of getting caught.

The logical voice in my head groans. Balancing a complicated love life while getting good grades is harder than people make it seem to be.

First, it had been (might still be) Lucas, a close friend with feelings I hadn't returned back then whom I'd given a chance and let it go haywire.

We'd both agreed to stay friends after countless attempts at even trying where only one of us put in proper passion. To the other, it was like kissing Johnny.

Now, karma has hit and I've been waiting for months to shoot my shot. However, a certain someone with Rapunzel's wig on in a luscious shade of black, expensive, tightly fitted suits yet wears t-shirts and sweats all day and a BBL waltzed into my life a little over a month ago and now, I'm conflicted.

I spend more time with him than I do with Lucas.

I'm scared he'll occupy my mind and truth be told, the little minx already has.

I sigh, butterflies having a rave in my insides as I remember that I'll be going over to his house again today.

The whole ordeal makes me realise that I haven't cracked a smile this many times since the incident, which is more than a good thing. I feel free and refreshed.