13.

chapter thirteen: caught in the act

"HE SAID WHAT?"

I bury my head in my hands in embarrassment as an overly ecstatic Fei squeals till almost everyone in the room can hear her.

"Fei, calm down."

"How can I calm down?! He's been keeping this for years! You don't know how long I've been trying to get him to tell you."

"You knew?" I exclaim.

"Of course I knew, A. You're not my only best friend."

"Why would you keep something like that away from me?"

"Something about him not wanting to ruin what you guys already had in case you rejected him or something like that. Not my place to say, really."

Sounds awfully familiar.

For the rest of the day, we were in and out of classes, either talking together about our current situations or revising.

As of now, Fei is telling me about the guy she met in Bora Bora. Pulling out her phone, she taps and swipes for a few seconds before finally showing me a picture of this 'magical' boy she met.

He's fairly handsome, with tanned skin you can tell is usually slightly paler, glistening aesthetically in the sunlight shining on them both.

His wavy hair is a nice shade of light brown, suiting his smiling eyes and modelesque, ski-slope nose above naturally plump lips.

His arm is wrapped around Fei, who had her dark hair styled in beach waves, a very slight amount of makeup on and a big, happy smile on her face too.

"How old is he?" I ask, after noticing the Arabic phrase tattooed on his muscular shoulder.

"Nineteen."

I almost spit out my water, choking and struggling to breathe till she eventually helps me out.

"Nineteen!"

"Just about." She mumbles.

"He's a legal adult!"

"Relax and take a chill pill. Besides, I told him my Korean age."

"Don't tell me you said the icky words."

A very common habit of Fei's is stating the three icky words to every boy she meets.

I,love and you.

"I haven't. Yet."

"Yet?!"

"I'm joking."

I sigh, content.

"But don't lie to me, A. He looks really scrumptious, doesn't he?"

-

"This better be good, Ten," I warn, shoving my hands into the pockets of my black jeans.