Be Okay

Christian had moved them to the bedroom around 6:30, texting Grace's mom from her phone to wait until about noon to bring Elliott over. It wouldn't be enough sleep, but they'd be able to nap when he went down for his second nap. They'd make it work.

Christian was wide awake when Grace roused around 11, never really falling asleep.

"Hmmm. You stayed," she muttered, nuzzling into his chest. She'd be lying if she said she didn't miss this. She loved Christian, and this move was just a misguided attempt to run from that.

"I promised forever," he whispered, gently kissing the top of her head. "You okay?" He asked, rubbing his knuckles down her arm.

"Yeah. I'm just happy you came. And happier that you stayed," she muttered, running her hand along his defined abs. "I've missed you."

Christian sighed softly, holding Grace tight and flipping them over. "I've missed every inch of you," he whispered, working his hands under her shirt to play with her ample breasts as he kissed her.

"Please," Grace whispered, reaching down to rub at her clit. She couldn't believe she ever let that man think she didn't want him. "I want you. Only you."

Christian pulled away, his forehead leaning against hers as his tears fell. "I want you. But I need to know you're okay," he whispered, running a hand through her warm blonde hair.

"Only you. I've only wanted you," she promised, looking into his eyes. "You're it for me."

Christian took a shaky breath, kissing Grace with so much love and passion that it almost made Grace cry. She could feel his walls breaking, brick by brick.

"You're mine," Grace whispered against his lips, flipping them over.  "You're mine, and I'm going to show you how much I mean it."

Christian's eyes widened and he nodded, gripping her hips as his cock grew harder. "Please," he said softly, gulping as she slipped their underwear off. "Are you sure?" He asked again, needing to be certain.

"Ask again and I gag you," she whispered in his ear, voice low and raspy. She'd picked up a few tricks on the job.

Christian gasped, head flying back as her tight and wet pussy surrounded him. It had been months.

"Fuck, you're so big," she whispered, kissing him as she worked. Christian let her for a few thrusts before sitting up and wrapping her in his arms.

"I've missed you," he whispered as her legs wrapped around his waist and her arms around his shoulders.

"I love you," Grace whispered, finally letting her tears fall as they matched movements. "Mine," she whispered, burying her face in the crook of his neck as she moaned in pleasure. The position was new. New places were being reached. New friction added.

"I've got you," Christian whispered as he held her, his grip tightening as he felt himself losing control. He angled his hips just so, ensuring that the perfect amount of friction was hitting her clit with each thrust. "Let go with me."

Grace cried out as she came, sobs wracking her body as she came.

The cries mirrored their last time, and for a second Christian was frozen in fear as he held her.

"Don't leave me again," he begged, not noticing the tears rolling down his own cheeks.

"I can't," she whispered. "I'm yours. You're mine. There's no going back. I'm yours." She repeated, holding him close. They both let themselves feel, knowing that this emotion wasn't going to disappear.

The cloud lifted after a few seconds and Christian peppered Gracie's face with kisses. "You're mine."

Gracie laughed, laying her head in his neck. "Always. And don't you forget it."

***

Eventually they unfolded from each other and made themselves presentable, Christian hardly letting Grace out of his arms. His chest felt tight and he constantly felt on the verge of tears, terrified that their happiness wouldn't last.

"Food should be ready," Grace whispered, eyes closed as she just melted into their hug. She would never let this man go. She couldn't.

"You should tell your mom that we're ready," Christian said quietly. Pulling away to pull the ham and mashed potatoes out of the oven.

"I can't believe you did all of this," Grace said quietly, still in awe of the magazine-worthy home. And then getting the ingredients to make a proper Christmas brunch? Christian really outdid himself.

"I know Christmas is your favorite. I wanted you to have that joy. Even if only for a few days," he said meekly, not looking in her eyes. He didn't think it was that big of a deal, but clearly it meant everything to Gracie.

"It's perfect," she assured him. The wait for Elliot was short, as her mom had bought a home in Eagan, just a few minutes from the home Christian had bought Grace.

"Mama!!" Elliott babbled, crawling over to his favorite person. His grin widened as he laid eyes on Christian. "Dadadadada!" He squealed, clapping his hands.

"Best Christmas ever," Christian sighed with a smile, helping the toddler open all of his gifts. There were some that were clearly Christmas - toys, books, boots, and some Daniel Tiger pajamas - and some that were for his birthday -developmental toys, bath toys, and some everyday clothes.

Christian had gotten a few small things for Grace, that she had mentioned needing. Things like a convertible car seat, an iPad for her drawings, and a new laptop for when she restarted classes. And he also got her a new backpack and some AirPods to complete the school ensemble.

Christian reminded Grace over and over that she didn't need to get him anything, nor feel bad that she was unable to in the 8 hours she knew he was here.

Being with his family was gift enough for him.

***

"Hey," Christian whispered, a smooth brown package with a gold shimmering bow in his hands. "I wanted you to open this now. Not earlier," he said softly, crawling in bed next to the woman he wanted a future with.

"What? Christian, you've already done so much," she whispered, taking the small box. They were finally settling down for the night, Elliott having woken up right as they were about to fall asleep. That bumped their Adrenaline just enough for Christian to remember.

"It isn't a Christmas gift. Go on," he smiled, watching the time tick over.

1:04am. Perfect.

Grace gently undid the boy and precise wrapping, furrowing her brow at the sight of the jewelry box. She'd say yes, of course, but it wasn't exactly a thing on her radar.

"It's not what you think... yet. Just open it," he smiled, running his thumb over her knee.

"Chris," Grace gasped, tears immediately springing to her eyes. It was simple, but perfect. A yellow gold band, set with small blue topaz pave stones.

"Elliott's birthstone," he whispered, sliding the ring on her right ring finger. "You've been so amazing this year. The world has sought out to tear you down limb by limb, but you've always preserved. Our son is so lucky to having a woman such as you to look up to. There is no one who could provide him with what you do. Thank you so, so much Grace. I'm so proud of how you've stepped into motherhood head on, doing everything to ensure El never needed or wanted for anything. I lov-" Christian's soliloquy was broken up by pillowy lips on his.

"I'm saying it first. I love you," Grace smiled, tears still flowing down her cheeks. "This means everything to me. I love it."

Christian smiled, wrapping his arms around his love and shutting off the lights.

Finally. He thought to himself. Things might be okay.