3. Coffee fixes everything

The entire time I'm in the café, my mind keeps wandering to the new student. 

"Why do they do that?" Kate wonders Wednesday morning, "Make out in public like that? Are they trying to rub it in that they have a special someone, and the rest of us don't? Is that what they're trying to do?"

We had decided that all of us would wake up early and go for coffee before school begins. That wasn't a problem for me as I get up near five. But for my friends? Let's just say that even if someone would pour water on their faces, only then would they wake up. I look down and see Rory and Amy, heading towards the coffee shop. The two of them are canoodling, oblivious to the fact there might be people who had no intention to witness them doing that. I hate PDA, on account of the grossness factor of course.

Cam laughs pointedly and turns to me, "You want a special someone Gina?"

When did I say that?

"Excluding myself." I say firmly, "By the rest of us, Kate meant you people and the other kids in our school." I gestured to several students who were staring at Rory and Amy. Don't get me wrong. I have no grudge against either of them, they're amazing friends, but I just can't bear anything romantic.

"I don't think they do it on purpose," Cam says with a shrug, "I mean, it's still gross, but I think it's just that they can't resist each other."

"See, I don't believe that," I respond, 

"I think they do it on purpose to make the rest of us feel bad for not having found our soulmate yet." Kate says, gnawing at her nail. "And Gina wants a soulmate." I take her hand out of her mouth and she scowls at me. I only did that so that she doesn't cry about it later.

 "I don't want a soulmate nor do I believe in them," I say when Cam smirks at me, "like high school is really the place where you'd want to find your soulmate."

"What's wrong with finding your soulmate in high school?" Kate asks, surprised. "I mean, maybe that's the only chance you'll ever have to meet your soulmate. If you blow it off, just because you," she throws a look at me, "don't want to meet your soulmate in high school, you may never meet your soulmate at all, and wander lonely as a cloud for the rest of your life."

A cloud. a lonely cloud??

"I don't believe we have only one soulmate," Cam muses and this time I raise my eyebrow, "I think we're given multiple chances to meet multiple soulmates. Sure, you could meet a soulmate in high school. But that doesn't mean if you don't act on it, you'll never meet anyone else. You will, just at a time that's more convenient for you."

"Soulmate is supposed to be one, Cam." I say with a roll of my eyes, it's obvious. You don't call every one your soulmate right, there's only one person for that. You don't have that special connection with everyone, do you? No, which is why soulmate is one. The one right person who is irreplaceable. "Also, high school and soulmates, no please." 

"What's so inconvenient about meeting your soulmate in high school?" Kate asks, putting her phone down and giving me her full attention now, "Huh?"

"Let me see," I say, uncrossing my toned legs, I got them from going for a run every morning. It was so worth it. "How about you still live with your parents? Where are you and your soulmate supposed to go, you know, meet and greet or for romance?"

Kate thinks about it and says, "Your car,"

Cam begins to cough. I pour some water in the paper glass and push it in front of him. After he's fine and back to his normal self, he says, "Kate, that's B.S." only he didn't just say the initials.