ʰʸᵉᵒⁿ⁻ʲᵘ

Aeja smiled upon spotting her best friend as she entered the classroom. Choi Nam-ra.

The pair had been secretly friends for over five years. Since Nam-ra's parents didn't seem to like Aeja or her family, the girls decided to just remain friends inside the school. However, Aeja was slowly growing bored. She wanted to hang out with Nam-ra outside of the school grounds. 

"You sure you're okay?" Su-hyeok asked.

Aeja nodded with a hum, "I was just a bit angry earlier."

"I have to admit, that slap was pretty cool," Su-hyeok replied with a smile.

Aeja smiled bashfully, "Thanks."

Aeja made her way over to her seat, which was next to Nam-ra, her best friend.

"Have you told him yet?" Nam-ra asked.

"Not yet," Aeja shook her head. "But I'm going to. Tonight."

"Please don't tell me you're bringing him back to your place," Nam-ra sighed.

"Oh my God, no!" Aeja replied, flustered. "I'm walking with him to the park."

Nam-ra hummed with a nod, "Romantic."

"You think so?" Aeja asked.

"Aeja, in every drama we've seen, the couple always shares a kiss somewhere romantic. In the rain, at the beach, in a castle."

"I suppose so," Aeja nodded. "But this isn't a drama. It's reality... maybe going to the park is too cliché."

"Aeja, you're overthinking it," Nam-ra said, placing her hand on the girl's shoulder to calm her down. "Just go there, have a nice time and then tell him."

Aeja nodded, taking a few small breaths. "Okay, yeah."

"Hey, you punks," Ms Park announced herself as she entered the class. "Come on guys. Take your seats. Come on, move it."

Aeja placed her bag down beside her seat, pulling out her things.

"Hi. Good morning," Ms Park smiled as she placed a box on the desk in front of her. "Time to hand in your phones."

Nam-ra handed Aeja her phone, who stood up and handed over both the phones.

"Who's in touch with Hyeon-ju?" Ms Park asked. "Nobody? So none of you has tried calling her today?"

"Uh, we cleaned the science lab together yesterday, but I haven't seen her since," a student answered.

Okay. If anyone hears from her sometime in the next few days, let me know right away, okay?" Ms Park said as she pulled out her phone. "Exams start next week, so get your acts together."

A phone chimed. Dae-su's eyes widened upon realising it was his phone.

"I heard that," Ms Park said.

"Why didn't you silence it?" Wu-jin whispered to Dae-su.

Dae-su reluctantly handed over his phone, as did another student who'd been caught.

"On-jo. This is your phone from last year," Ms Park said, making a few students laugh. "Take it, please."

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

"Here, free from means lack of," Ms Park continued with the lesson, pointing at what she had written on the blackboard. "Who wants to interpret this?"

A student at the back stood up.

"Okay, Hee-su," Ms Park said.

"I need to use the bathroom," Hee-su replied.