ᵈᵃʸ ᵗʷᵒ

Aeja didn't remember much from the rest of the night.

So you can imagine how flustered she became when she woke up to find her head resting on Su-hyeok's shoulder. Her eyes widened upon noticing that they'd both been using Su-hyeok's blazer as a makeshift blanket.

"They'll come for us eventually," On-jo was trying to keep everyone's hopes up.

"How long do we wait?" Hyo-ryung asked.

"Until they come," On-jo answered.

"We don't even know if they're coming," Hyo-ryung protested.

"So?" On-jo replied. "You want to go out there?"

"Even if they come, they can't find us if they don't know we're here," Ji-min pointed out, who'd been looking out the window.

"Well, we can put up a sign for help," On-jo suggested.

"How?" Ji-min asked.

"I remember my dad taught me a signal that's used internationally," On-jo answered.

"What is it?" Hyo-ryung asked.

"It was red and blue arranged together to create some sort of a pattern," On-jo explained, unsure. When she noticed everyone's looks, she quickly changed her mind. "Should we just write SOS on the curtain, maybe?"

"Yeah, let's do that," Hyo-ryung nodded.

"We can't last long, anyway," Nam-ra spoke up. "Three minutes without oxygen, three days without water, three weeks without food."

"What's that?" Su-hyeok asked.

"How long a person can survive," Nam-ra answered.

"It's only been a day," On-jo replied. "We have to try the best we can."

"We'll show signs of dehydration today," Nam-ra. "And we won't be able to move by tomorrow."

"What are you trying to say?" On-jo asked. "Are you saying we should go out? Or are you saying we'll die anyway, so we shouldn't bother doing anything?"

Nam-ra was silent for a moment, "I don't know."

"Then don't say anything," Ji-min said.

"I think the prez means we should think about anything else that we can do," Su-hyeok suggested. "Right?"

But Nam-ra shook her head again, "No."

"No?" Su-hyeok repeated.

"We don't know anything at all," Nam-ra explained. "We need to know something before we can make plans."

"What more do we need to know?" Ji-min asked.

"What Nam-ra means..."

"You don't know what she's saying, either," Ji-min shut Su-hyeok up.

"Are you saying we need to understand the situation in order to take action?" Aeja asked.

"Yes, that's right," Nam-ra nodded.

"I agree," Cheong-san announced. "We need more information to decide whether to wait, run, or get out."

"How can we do that right now?" Dae-su asked.

"We can go online if we have a phone," Cheong-san suggested.

"But we don't have one," Su-hyeok pointed out.

"The teachers office," Aeja realised, standing up quickly and walking over to the window. She pointed towards the office's window from where they were. "It's over there. Two rooms across and one floor down."