ˡᵒˢⁱⁿᵍ

On-jo spotted a phone on the floor. It was outside the classroom, laying with the case up.

Upon checking her pocket, she realised it was the phone they'd been using. It must've fallen out during the chaos.

Suddenly, a hand reached down from a broken window and tried to grab Dae-su by the hair, making him scream. Aeja stayed holding the door shut as the others started trying to get the zombies away from the windows, accidentally breaking another window in the process.

"Stack!" Aeja called to them. "Move the desks in front of the window!"

The group quickly followed her advice, grabbing desks and chairs to hold the zombies back.

"Where's the phone?" Na-yeon asked On-jo. "I'll try calling again."

"I dropped it," On-jo admitted.

Na-yeon grew furious, "How could you lose it?"

"Who cares about this right now?" Gyeong-su said as he grabbed a chair nearby to them. "This is more urgent."

"Who are you to butt in?" Na-yeon asked.

"What?" Gyeong-su replied.

"It's because you didn't hold the door," Na-yeon accused. "If you had, the gym teacher wouldn't have gotten in. We almost died because of you."

"Well then maybe you should've held the door closed," Gyeong-su replied.

"You're a fucking asshole!" Na-yeon insulted.

Gyeong-su goes to attack Na-yeon, but Dae-su runs over and holds him back.

"How dare you touch me!" Na-yeon screamed.

"Hey! Fight after you move these," Ji-min said, referring to the desks and chairs. "This isn't the time."

Aeja watched as the group continued stacking the chairs and desks, which was then when she noticed someone was missing.

"Where's Su-hyeok?" Aeja asked.

Everyone stopped, looking around for the one who was mentioned. He was nowhere in the room.

"Did anyone see him come in?" Aeja asked, growing scared.

"He was behind me..." Cheong-san answered. "He said to keep going."

"So where is he now?" Aeja asked, but she was fearing the answer.

"I don't know," Cheong-san said.

Aeja felt her heart skip a beat. Tears slowly filled her eyes at the realisation that her friend was gone.

The boy she owed an unpayable debt to.

Aeja later found herself sitting in one of the corners of the room, nearby to the windows. Gyeong-su had offered to hold the door shut, which had led to where she was sitting right now, curled up in the corner with her arms resting on her knees as she silently cried.

The others had no idea what to do, especially Nam-ra. They all knew how close Aeja and Su-hyeok had been.

Suddenly, there was a loud screech of feedback, making everyone cover their ears and wince.

"Students and teachers of Hyosan High School. I'm Park Sun-hwa, the English teacher. Something strange is happening at the school. Some students are attacking people indiscriminately, so find a safe place and take shelter. And if any student or faculty hears this and is able to, please call the police and fire department. Students, hide somewhere safe until help arrives. If you can get out of the school, please get out. I repeat. Some students are..."