ᵗᵒᵒ ˢᵒᵒⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗᵒᵒ ᵐᵘᶜʰ

"Look! A chopper!" Joon-yeong called out as they ran through the door.

Everyone ran forwards, trying to flag down the helicopter.

Aeja stayed back to make sure that Cheong-san and Su-hyeok got through the door. Once they were, she shut the door and locked it.

When the helicopter was too far away, everyone gave up. Hyo-ryung collapsed onto her knees, crying while On-jo held onto her, trying to comfort the girl.

Aeja panted heavily as she leaned against the wall next to the door. Cheong-san was on the floor next to her, also panting heavily.

Just then, a loud bang.

It came from the door, making it shake slightly.

Cheong-san stood up and backed away from the door, not knowing if he should open the door or keep it shut.

The banging continued, growing louder and louder with each bang. Everyone remained silent, listening to each bang, one after the other until it suddenly stopped.

"He's gone," Nam-ra announced once the banging stopped.

"What the hell?" Dae-su muttered.

"Who's gone?" Su-hyeok asked.

"Gwi-nam," Nam-ra answered. "It's his smell. And I can hear his breathing."

Aeja could feel her heart pounding against her chest, but she had no idea if it was from her adrenaline ending or from the fear that was slowly filling her up.

Aeja looked over at Cheong-san, who had the same look she did.

Worry, but determination.

(:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅)

"What happened?" Cheong-san asked Su-hyeok. "Didn't Gwi-nam fall from the fourth floor?"

"Yeah, he did. I threw him out," Su-hyeok nodded.

"So how did he survive?" Aeja asked.

"Maybe he doesn't die," Su-hyeok suggested. "Or maybe he dies and comes back to life."

"Maybe he's not human, nor zombie," Cheong-san realised. "Do you remember that girl in the teacher's office?"

"The one destroying the phones?" Aeja recalled. Cheong-san nodded.

"She was weird too," Su-hyeok nodded.

"Gwi-nam's like her, right?" Cheong-san replied.

"I think so," Su-hyeok said.

"It seems likely," Aeja agreed. "Then maybe Nam-ra is like them too?"

The boys fell silent, realising that Aeja could be right.

"C'mon, let's go help make the SOS sign," Su-hyeok sighed, bringing Aeja with him as they walked over.

Aeja hoped her cheeks weren't burning as Su-hyeok wrapped his arm over her shoulder. Aeja turned back, noticing Cheong-san smiling slightly.

Aeja smiled back, knowing Cheong-san was remembering the chat they had earlier.

Everyone got to work, trying to make the SOS sign bigger.

"This is too big."

"How about this?"

"Break it apart!"