ʳᵉᵘⁿⁱᵗᵉᵈ

Aeja prepared herself, lifted the chair... and then stopped herself.

There was a zombie, but it was being held to the floor by the piano laying on top of it. The hand of the zombie was landing on a camera, which held a recording of the school choir.

Aeja let out a small sigh of relief, setting the chair down on the ground as Cheong-san carefully moved the camera away from the zombie.

"So what do we do now?" Aeja asked.

Cheong-san shook his head, "I don't know."

"We're on the third floor," Aeja noted. "So we're above the others. Maybe we could climb to them?"

"Let's rest for a bit, first," Cheong-san offered. "We've been running all over the school for hours now."

"You don't know that it's been hours," Aeja replied.

"Feels like it," Cheong-san admitted.

Aeja nodded, "Yeah, it does."

A few moments went by.

The pair were sitting in chairs. Cheong-san had his legs propped up on the table in front of his seat, while Aeja was sitting simply.

Just then, Cheong-san noticed Aeja wipe her nose with her sleeve and let out a small sniffle.

"Aeja, what's wrong?" Cheong-san asked. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"No," Aeja shook her head. "I'm just... I'm scared. I'm alive, but what if my family isn't. What if my dad and my sister are dead? Is that why he hasn't come for me yet?"

"We can't lose hope that quickly," Cheong-san said. "I'm sure your dad is taking care of your sister as we speak. They're probably safe and are trying to get to you right now."

Aeja let out a small laugh, "You sound like On-jo when you say that."

Cheong-san grew slightly surprised, "I do?"

"Yeah," Aeja nodded with another laugh. "I'm not surprised. Couples always act the same."

"What?" Cheong-san replied. "On-jo and I aren't dating."

This surprised Aeja, facing Cheong-san with wide eyes. "You aren't? I thought you were."

"What made you think we were dating?" Cheong-san asked, growing flustered.

"You guys are always around each other, you have stupid fights and you always put her before yourself," Aeja listed out, noticing how flustered Cheong-san was getting. "Wait... you like On-jo, don't you?"

Cheong-san was silent for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah... I've liked her since we were six years old."

"Why didn't you tell her?" Aeja asked.

"I felt stupid," Cheong-san replied. "I also thought she only saw me as a friend. Not someone to fall in love with. And... I guess I was scared too."

"I know the feeling. Like you're going to collapse if you mess up while confessing," Aeja sighed. "I was actually going to confess to Su-hyeok if none of this happened."

"How were you going to do it?" Cheong-san asked. "The nametag way?"

"No, I've always found that kind of forceful," Aeja shook her head. "Like you're throwing yourself at them. I wanted to just tell him. What about you? If you ever tell On-jo your feelings, how will you do it?"

Cheong-san was silent, thinking.

"Maybe I'll just tell her," Cheong-san said. "And then if she says yes, I'll give her my nametag."