ʳᵉˡʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ

Nam-ra collapsed against the wall, holding her ears as the thunder rumbled.

"What's wrong?" Aeja asked.

"It hurts," Nam-ra whimpered. "My ears hurt so much."

Aeja thought quickly and grabbed one of the blankets. She ripped off two of the edges, rolling them up into tiny pieces.

"Here, like your earphones," Aeja offered them to her best friend.

Nam-ra took them, thankful.

"It's raining!" Dae-su suddenly shouted. "It's fucking raining!"

Everyone began to smile and open their mouths, drinking as much of the rain as they could. It was their only water supply, so they were taking it.

But what was once a delightful and happy moment slowly turned into sorrow. Everyone began to cry at the realisation that they were never going to be saved.

They were on their own.

Aeja opened the door and ran in, grabbing the tarp from earlier and quickly trying to pull it out. Su-hyeok helped her so they could get it out quickly.

"Tie it to the handle there," Aeja pointed to a handle on the side of the tanks.

Once it was tied up, everyone walked over, taking shelter from the rain. There, Cheong-san and Joon-yeong explained their plan to use the rain and thunder to move about.

"If we go over the mountains, we can make it to Yangdong," On-jo said. "I went hiking there a few times with my dad."

"Don't you think it's too crazy to try?" Wu-jin voiced his opinion.

"I'm not going," Hyo-ryung announced. "I'm scared. What if the zombies catch us?"

"It's not like anyone is going to save us if we stay here," Aeja replied, her arms crossed. "If anyone's going to save us, it's ourselves."

"Let's go," Cheong-san nodded. "If anything happens, I'll shout and draw the zombies away."

"Don't say that," Su-hyeok stood up. "We should all live."

"Because of the rain, all scents are mixed together," Nam-ra explained. "The rain is really loud too. I'm sure the zombies' senses are dulled."

"If that's what a hambie says, it should be reliable," Dae-su nodded.

Hyo-ryung slapped his leg.

"What's a hambie?" Su-hyeok asked.

"A half... reliable person," Dae-su answered. "Should we go?"

Cheong-san nodded.

"There aren't any zombies at the door or on the stairs," Aeja pointed out. "So we have a head start."

"And Prez is strong, so we should trust her," Dae-su pointed out.

"I'm not strong right now," Nam-ra admitted, looking down at her hands.

"What?" Ji-min said. "Why not?"

"I don't know," Nam-ra shook her head.

"Some of us may not be able to keep up," Ji-min said.

"So let's pair up and hold hands," Cheong-san announced. "We can't have anyone falling."

So everyone made pairs.

Hyo-ryung and Ji-min. Aeja and Nam-ra. Cheong-san and On-jo. Su-hyeok and Joon-yeong. And Dae-su and Wu-jin.