Chiles lost in love

Miles POV

The same night...

Another date down the drain...this is my 5th date this month and I still haven't found anyone I'm interested in. I feel like at this point I should give up but I can't...not for my daughter's sake. This date's name was Tracy...she was sweet, nurturing, and funny but I felt no spark, no fire, no anything. Tracy was an amazingly beautiful woman but she wasn't the one. As I was about to leave the restaurant alone feeling defeated which wasn't a new feeling lately I heard two voices screaming.

"YOU JERK!"

"LOOK YOU LITTLE BITCH I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE GET OVER IT!"

The first voice sounded extremely familiar to me so I decided to turn around and investigate the situation. I walk to the back of the restaurant and see a guy with his arm around some girl and chapa...CHAPA? She was fuming red and had tears streaming down her face...

"YOU'RE TRYING TO DUMP ME AFTER I FIND YOU CHEATING ON ME!" Chapa screamed.

"It's not that big of a deal hone-"

"NOT A BIG DEAL! DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME HONEY...WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 2 MONTHS AND ALL OF THAT MEANT NOTHING TO YOU! DO YOU EVEN FEEL SORRY?" Chapa asked.

"Nope. Now go away you ruining my date with my real girlfriend."

Ouch...poor Chapa. I can't believe that jerk did that, Chapa deserves so much better. I start to see Chapa's hands spark red and knew I needed to step in. I run in front of her, grab her hands, and say...

"Chapa it's ok I'm here, he's not worth it, just breathe and walk out of the restaurant with me."

Chapa's face softens seeing me present in this stressful situation, she glares over at her ex, but looks back at me and sees me begging her not to do it. So she grabs her stuff from the table and walks out of the restaurant...I was about to follow her but before I did I grabbed his hot drink and dumped it all over him.

"You better be happy I didn't let her deal with you because this hot drink would have been nothing compared to her electrokinesis!" I say.

I walk out of the restaurant feeling proud of my past actions but also still feeling bad for chapa. I see chapa sitting on the bench outside the restaurant, I sit next to her and see if she's okay. But before I can say anything she says...

"I saw what you did...pouring the hot drink on that douche. You know I could of handled it myse-"

I cut her off to say...

"I know but I just saw the sparks and I didn't want you to kill the guy lol." I explain.

"You didn't let me finish...I could have handled it myself but I'm happy you stepped in...thank you miles." She says.

"Oh...your welcome chapa. If you don't mind me asking how did that happen back there?" I ask.

"I went to the bathroom and when I came back he was making out with some random chick...it was like I didn't even exist to him! So that's when I yelled you jerk and I guess you heard me and came my way and here we are now." She explains.

"Well if that guy was stupid enough to lose the best he was ever gonna get then he definitely doesn't deserve you." I say.

Chapa's POV

The best he was ever gonna get...is that what Miles thinks of me?

"You're just saying that."

"I don't think I am." He says.

I look at Miles and he is already looking at me...to think after knowing him for 12 years I would notice his beautiful brown eyes. But what I did notice was him staring at my lips and I think we were both thinking the same thing. So I decided to make the first move...and kiss him and thankfully he kissed me back. Even though I can generate sparks, the sparks I was feeling from this kiss were completely different. We pull away after what felt like forever and I can't believe that those 12 years of platonic friendship were really just 12 years of hidden feelings that we both didn't notice till right now.

"I can't believe we just did that...but I'm so happy we did." I say.

"I know, it feels weird but a good weird...I never thought my path would bring me to you like this but I'm so happy it did." He says.

"I get it, it feels good weird for me too since if we were to kiss 10-12 years ago I would have punched you in the arm lol." I say.

Miles looks at his phone saying Mika sent him something. He shows me a pic of Justice and Liberty cuddling Bose and it is the cutest picture.

"I got to get Justice since it's pretty late and that picture shows she had a long day...I'll bring you home." Miles says.

Miles and I teleport to my apartment.

"Thank you again for making this horrible night something special Miles."

"You got it cupcake."

Miles tenses up thinking I'm going to punch him or shock him but this time I don't because I say...

"I actually like that nickname but if you dare to call me that in front of anyone else you're dead meat, cupcake."

"Whatever you say, but one thing is for sure once we tell the lovebirds we're dating now you know they are gonna make fun of us right?" Miles says.

"Yes, I know, and we're dating?"

"Yes we are, now I gotta go before Justice falls into a deep sleep and won't want to leave Bose and Mika's house lol."

"Okay, I'll see you soon?" I ask.

"Of course, you will."

Miles and I hug goodbye and he pecks my lips before we break away from the hug.

"Later cupcake."

Miles then teleports away and I'm left speechless...one things for sure miles is one of the only people who dare to fight, argue, stand up to me and isn't scared of me. But that's what makes me more attracted to him, his confidence is what makes me like him so much and I hate to admit it but the stuff that this teleporting cutie does makes me such a softie for him.