Different Day. Same Show.

Bose's POV

It's been two weeks since Lili's birthday and everything has been going so well...Lili is doing great in training and in school, Mickey joined a little league's soccer team, Barker joined the school's choir, and Liberty joined an art club at school. All these things are definitely benefiting the kids in such great ways since Lili is such a smart little girl and she's been waiting to train with her siblings so this is really making her even more of a exceptional scholar, Mickey is getting out a lot of energy and also a lot of aggression through playing such a active sport, Barker has always been a little performer so this is finally his time to shine and Liberty has always loved arts and crafts..art is her one way to be able to get out of class to focus on painting the school walls or the school ceilings, really being by her self and letting her anxiety take a break. It's definitely been weird adjusting to not having any kids at home because for the last 15 years we've always had a kid at home...this is definitely hitting hard for me. Mika, Chapa, Miles, Rose, and Myself are all going on a celebratory no kids brunch to celebrate all six of our kids all being at school at the same time.

"I can't believe Popi is in school!" Rose said still in disbelief.

"Same goes for us...it's feels like yesterday I was yanking Liberty off my leg to get her to class." I say.

"I remember when Justice would hide from us on the roof so she didn't have to go to school." Chapa said.

"Liberty used to go invisible every morning and we would be late every day for preschool." Mika says.

"These kiddos grow up so fast...one minute we're changing diapers next thing you know we're sending them of to college!" Miles exclaimed.

We all laugh and agree with my brother's comment. Brunch ended after 2 hours of genuine conversations with my clique. We decided to bring the hangout to my place since the kids should be on their way home and Popi & Justice are regular guests at the O'Brien Household. Right on schedule the kids all come in the house going straight to their separate rooms to do homework. Liberty & Justice go to her room, the boys go to their room, while the flower girls stay at the table in the kitchen since they need parental supervision to help with homework. I started calling Lili and Popi the flower girls since they both have names that are also names of flowers.

"Daddy I need help." Lili says.

"What's up love bug?" I ask.

"Is this how I spell my name...L...I...L...I?"

"That's right!" I say.

Lili was happy at my enthusiastic response to her spelling her name correctly.

"Today in class we are learning to race our names!" Popi says.

Mika's POV

"Popi hun...you mean trace not race." I say.

"Oh...what does trace mean again?" Popi asks.

"When you draw the same thing over something already on the paper by using the dotted lines on the paper." Rose says.

"So when I draw on the dotted lines and it comes together and makes my name...that's called tracing?" Lili asks.

"Exactly." I say.

2 hours later...

After homework was done all the kids played in the playroom for a couple of hours then it was finally time for the Macklin De Silvas and Rose & Popi to head home. After they leave we decided to have a family movie night...Bose and I decided we would introduce the kids to dog bachelor since Liberty is the age Bose and I got together and when we got together we were watching dog bachelor. I sit on the couch grabbing a big blanket for us all to share, Bose comes from the kitchen with bowls of popcorn for everyone. He sits next to me, covers himself with the shared blanket, puts his arm around me, and then I lean my head on his shoulder while starting the show. Liberty is laying against Bose with Barker laying on her and I have Mickey laying on me with Lili laying on him. We all cuddle on the couch while contently watching one of my favorite shows for 2 reasons...the memories it made for me and my person I watched it with. I watch all my kids falling in love with season one's adorable puppies, Liberty struggling to pick a favorite, Mickey picking the biggest puppy, Barker picking smaller puppy, and Lili picking the fluffiest puppy. I can see already the kids are going to be binging all 10 seasons of Dog Bachelor. I look up at my Bubba and this moment sends me back to when we become officially official.

Flashback...

The episode ends, the room silent, I just hear the faint commercials in the background, and all I could focus on was Bose watching the TV fully content. I was so lost in my own head that I didn't even realize the 3 words that slipped out of my mouth.

"You're so handsome."

Oh no.

"What?" Said Bose.

"I didn't say anything!"

"I may not remember most things but I'm pretty sure you just said you're so handsome."

"Sorry I was lost in my own thoughts."

"Thinking about me?" Bose said teasingly.

"Stop Honey."

"Why?"

That's when i was confused...

"Because you don't want me thinking about you that's weir-"

Suddenly Bose cuts me off.

"It's not weird I think about you every second of my day, when I fall asleep to when I wake up in the morning. You don't know how much you're on my mind, and you'll never know because..."

He paused. I never thought silence could scare me so badly, but when it comes from your loving and talkative best friend....wouldn't you?

"Because what, Honey?"

"Because I know we can never be together.."

Now I was the one filled with silence, Did he mean what I think he means.

"Bose, you like me?"

"Are you kidding...I like like you. You are my rock, the sun on the brightest days, the stars to my night sky, my everything. I wouldn't have gotten over my parents leaving me behind if it wasn't for you, whenever I say something that isn't the smartest I know I'll always have My Beautiful Mika by my side, and I wouldn't watch dog bachelor with anyone else but you. Sundays are forever our days, you always hangout with me when no one else will, and I've never felt the need to protect someone as badly as I need to protect you. Even though you are a strong, independent, lady and needs no one to protect her. I like like you so much I can barely put it into words and if I did you would be sitting here for years listening to me talk on and on about how much I like like you Mika Macklin."

Speechless. I felt like I was on cloud 9 listening to Bose speak. I had no idea he felt this way, but I'm so happy he did.

"Bose I'm so speechless right now, I like like you too."

End of Flashback...

That's when I fell head over heels for my dimpled cutie...I decided to recreate that moment.

"You're so handsome." I whispered.

Bose looked at me with a confused expression just like he did 25 years ago...then he said.

"Thinking about me?"

He said it so teasingly with a smirk on his face just like before...he knew exactly what I was referencing but this time instead of saying stop I say...

"Always...I love you Bose."

"I love you too Mika."

Bose kisses my forehead and then continues to watch the show. Who would of thought a tv show about dogs falling in love would bring me here. A loving husband, 4 outstanding kiddos, and a house filled with 10 different super powers. I hope that I continue this on every Sunday with my kids since this show is the reason the O'Brien family is here today. I guess TV shows really can change your life just like this one changed mine.