The Obrien Kids Day Out

Mika's POV

Today we brought the kids to the Swellview Zoo, we saw a bunch of new animals and are having a great time but the boys needed diaper changes, so I told Bose to stay in one spot with Liberty because If I know Bose, he would get lost or lose Liberty.

"Ok be right back." I say.

I walk into the family bathroom with the boys and after 10 minutes of fighting, crying, and cleaning up stinking toddlers I finally finished. But right as I was about to leave the bathroom Bose and Liberty come running into the bathroom.

"What's going on?" I say.

"A man with a gun is running through the zoo." Bose says.

"Mommy I'm scared!" Liberty says.

Oh no. A Man with a gun is outside, and Liberty's Anxiety is getting more intense, and as the only superpowered people in the zoo right now we have to do something!

"What are we gonna do?" I ask.

"WE? We are going to stay in this bathroom until he goes away!"

"WHAT! Bose, we can't just sit on the sidelines as former crime fighters. What example would we show for the kids!" I say.

"We need to PROTECT OUR FAMILY!" Bose says.

"We need to protect swellview which includes our family, we can save everyone!"

"NO WE DON-"

Bose gets cut off by a scream, sounding like a young girl. We look around the bathroom and see that Liberty................is gone. Bose and I run out of the bathroom leaving the twins in the safety of the stall. We see Liberty standing in front of a young man no older than 20 holding another young boy with a gun pointed straight to his skull.

"LIBERTY, GET BACK HERE!" I scream.

"NO, HE NEEDS TO LET THAT BOY GO!" Liberty screams.

"Look little girl I'm not letting him go anytime soon! Someone here needs to suffer like me!" The young man says.

"LIBERTY YOU COME BY ME, NOW!" Bose screams demandingly.

Liberty runs behind her father in the blink of an eye and while that happens I look at the other boy who was the victim, he looked terrified and lost. It's almost as if I've seen him before but I can't pinpoint where. I decided to try to talk to him to calm him down a little.

"Hey, young man you are going to be ok, just breathe and relax. if you feel comfortable enough can you tell me your name?" I ask.

"Ace."

Bose and I look at each other in disbelief it's ace, the kid we took care of 15 years ago! That's why that lost and scared expression looked so familiar.

"Ace! It's me...Mika and that's Bose! You remember us right?"

Ace finally looked up at us for the first time during this whole interaction and the joy that rose on his face was heartwarming.

"What? Bose that's you?" The young man with the gun said.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" Bose asks.

"Bose it's me Bryce, your younger brother."

"You are not my brother, but why are you doing this?"

"Because your pair of shitty parents took me in thinking it would make you envy me and suck up to them but when you moved out 2 months later I was put back into the orphanage the next day. You know I have a younger brother I've never even met! I WAS PUT INTO THE ORPHANAGE WHEN I WAS 2 YEARS OLD SINCE MY PARENTS HAD MY LITTLE BROTHER HOPING HE WOULD BE BETTER THAN ME! BUT ALL THAT HAPPENED WAS I WAS IN THE ORPHANAGE FOR 3 YEARS AND THOUGHT I HAD A FOREVER FAMILY THANKS TO MY FAKE PARENTS BUT IN THE END, IT WAS ALL BULLSHIT! I GET BACK TO THE ORPHANAGE AND GET ROOMED WITH THIS BOY WHO WOULD CRY EVERY DAY IN HOPES TO SEE MIMI AND BOBO AGAIN BUT EVEN A CRYBABY LIKE HIM GOT ADOPTED. BUT NOT ME, NOBODY WANTS TO BE IN A FAMILY WITH ME OR MY LITTLE BROTHER. KNOWING MY OLD PARENTS THEY PROBABLY LEFT HIM IN A GROCERY STORE OR SOMETHING!" Bryce rants.

"Wait a minute. Bryce that was you who made fun of me for crying, that was me wanting to see bobo aka Bose, and mimi aka Mika!" Ace says.

Bryce's face falls to realization, he slowly lets go of ace and puts the gun down, and while he does I tell Liberty to go stay with the twins to make sure they are ok.

"And I was left in a grocery store, Bose and Mika were the ones who saved my life only a few months after bose got kicked out." Ace says.

"What's your last name?" Bryce asks Ace.

"Stevenson." Ace answers.

Bryce's face falls, and tears start to stream down his eyes, and he's in a completely vulnerable state.

Bose's POV

"Umm...Bryce are you ok?" I ask.

"Ace...I'm your brother. You are the little brother that I envied but still loved even though I never knew you. I was always envious of you since you got adopted and I didn't. But now I feel so sorry and ashamed, I feel like I now know why I don't deserve a family."

Ace drops to his knees and hugs his newly found brother, both of them crying at how much they were so close but still so far apart.

"I can't believe this, I have 2 little brothers!" I say.

"Bose neither of them are your brothers." Mika says.

"Oh, ok." I say.

Ace and Bryce finally break away from the hug and during all that we had walked into the bathroom, saw all 3 of the kids asleep in the wagon stroller, once we came back out Bryce and Ace were physically looking better.

"Ace I'm so sorry that this is the first way we introduce ourselves to each other as brothers." Bryce says.

"No problem, I'm just happy I got you and I can wait to introduce you to the new family that we both deserve."

"I can't wait." Bryce says.

"Alright boys, we would love to stay but we got to get the kids home." Mika says.

We hug the boys, exchange contacts, and head our way back home. the entire car ride was filled with comfortable silence since the kids are asleep after this chaotic day and Mika and I are completely drained from this long, confusing, but heartwarming day.