six

chapter 6 to celebrate almost 600 reads!!!!!!

CLARKE'S POV-

I lay on Daniel's chest, his hands running through my hair, as we sit on the couch. Our favorite show on the tv.

I start crying, remembering what Octavia told me. Tell him, Clarke.

" Babe, what's wrong?" He asks, sitting up. He mutes the tv, looking at me worried. After I sit up, he wipes under my eyes, removing the tears.

" I have to tell you something." I say, looking away, a nervous knot filling my throat. As if it isn't hard to tell him already.

He takes a deep breath," This doesn't sound good." His hand traces lines along my back. Why is he trying to calm me down?

" You know I love you, right?" What a great way to start off, you idiot. He starts to nod, but I continue," You love me too." I say almost as a question.

He nods, tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear," More than anything, baby. What's bothering you?"

" I made a mistake." I confess.

He breathes," Okay."

" You know Bellamy was at Octavia's party..." My heart starts beating and his expression changes to sorrow.

I cry even more. Tears coming out faster, and I probably look as horrible as I feel. I don't want to hurt him.

" What happened?" He asks, keeping an open mind.

" I kissed him." I close my eyes, covering them with my hands. Seeing him hurt would just kill me. He doesn't deserve this. " Daniel, I didn't mean for it to happen, I really didn't. And as soon as I realized, I regretted it. I wish I could take it back."

I look at him slowly, feeling my heart ache. My chest burns with each rising breath, and my tears are like fire falling from my eyes.

He wipes his face, and groans," I expected something like this to happen. But I didn't expect it to hurt this much."

" What?" I ask.

" I figured you two had unresolved feelings."

" You knew I would kiss him?" I ask, almost offended.

He moves me off of his lap, rising up and pacing around. He's upset. He looks at me," I thought it would be him kissing you. Not the other way around. I knew you had unresolved feelings, but I didn't expect you to kiss him!" He throws his hands up, and drops them in an angry manner.

I cry," I'm sorry."

He looks at me, stopping in his pace," I can't-I'm..." He walks to the table, pulling his jacket off the chair.

" Where are you going?"

He opens the front door, looking at me," I'm going to go for a drive. Probably have a drink or two."

" Don't drink and drive, Daniel. Don't be stupid."

" My girlfriend just told me she kissed her ex while I was in the other room. And I'm being stupid?"

" That's not fair." I explain.

" Did you like it, Clarke? Were his arms all around you? Did he pull you into him? Were there fireworks?" He asks, sarcastically and hurt.

I cry, shaking my head," Daniel..."

He clenches his fists," The thought of his hands, any guy's hands on my girl, just fucking kills me. Don't wait up for me." He slams the door behind him.

I fall back into the couch, holding my stomach. I feel like I'm going to be sick.

I lay in bed, crying, tossing and turning; and mostly waiting. I hope he's okay. I really hope he comes home, and crawls into bed with me, holding me to sleep. I need him.

I hear the front door, and he walks in, stopping in the doorway. I sit up, looking at him.

He looks away, heading into the closet. He pulls out his gym bag, emptying the contents onto the floor of the closet. He starts taking some of his shirts from the hangers, stuffing them into his bag. He doesn't make eye contact with me as he travels around packing his bag.

" You're leaving?" I ask, my eyes unable to cry anymore. A pit forms in my stomach, and the sickness returns.

He doesn't respond, just continues gathering some of his things. After he finishes, he zips it up and leaves the room.

The fear of him leaving without a goodbye actually scares me. I push the covers back and jump out of the bed and follow him into the living room.

He turns and looks at me, being civil," I'm going to stay at my brother's."

" For how long?"

" Just for a couple days. I need some time to think, okay?"

" You're not breaking up with me?" I ask, happy and relieved.

His scowl fades into a sad expression. He walks over to me, shaking his head," No, no. I don't want to break up."

I breathe. He pulls me into him, holding my head that rests on his shoulder. He kisses my head," I'm crazy about you, Clarke. I just need to think, I need some time."

I nod.

" I'll call you tomorrow, or soon. I don't know." He responds, pulling away.

I nod, wiping under my eye.

He sighs, leaving with a final straight smile.

***

don't be happy, clarke is sad. more about their relationship will be revealed soon!!

i think i like daniel so much because i like the actor i picked for him(((-;
buuut, this is a bellarke story, and daniel is just another raven or dean (not psycho, and not a bad guy) so CHILL, i like bellarke's difficult relationship, it makes for a better ending tbh. JUST AN FYI.

ily all so much, your comments are super encouraging and sweet and i look forward to them everyday (literally i check my notifs 24/7)