eleven

CLARKE'S POV-

It's been a week. Nothing from Bellamy or Daniel. These boys really know how to give space don't they?

It's nearly three am, and I'm awake, as usual. I've been up for hours, running on coffee and sugar. No sleep, no naps, no resting at all. Because then I dream, and dreaming will give me the answer to what I'm avoiding. Choosing.
But you know, sometimes my eyes close when I sneeze. That's about the only sleep, you can qualify.

I hear the door handle jiggling from the living room. I sit up from the bed, looking around for Daniel's baseball bat. His safety weapon. I quickly scramble up, hearing the noise growing louder.
I grab the bat and tip toe to the the door. I look out the peep-hole, seeing a motionless Daniel standing there.

I slowly open the door," Hey, what are you doing here so late?"

He walks passed me, nudging my shoulder. He walks like a robot to the bedroom.

I'm so confused. Why is he being like this?

I scan the hallway of the apartments, then shut the door, following Daniel into the bedroom. He lays flat down in the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

" Daniel, what's going on with you?" He doesn't respond, just keeps frequently blinking and laying there. I shrug," Okay..." I pull back the covers, starting to lay down next to him. " Your going to sleep with shoes on?"

He looks at me, moving closer, in a hogging-the-bed type of way.

I sigh," Fine, I'll sleep on the couch, we can talk in the morning." I give him one more look, he's not doing anything.

Am I dreaming?

I wake up on the couch, my neck stiff and my back sore. This is the worst place to sleep. I make some coffee then head into the bedroom to shower.

Daniel sits on the edge of the bed, looking confused on the ground.

I smile," Hey, you feeling better today? Want to tell me what the hell got into you last night?"

He looks up at me," I don't even know how I got here."

" Were you drunk?"

He shakes his head," No, I worked all day, then went home and went straight to sleep."

" Have you ever sleepwalked before, Daniel?"

His eyes rise at the sound of me saying his name," No."

" You were a zombie, you didn't hear anything I was saying. You even pushed me off of our bed. Er-my bed. Uhh.."

He lets out a short laugh," I blacked out, maybe. I don't know."

" Daniel, you should see a doctor."

" No, I'm fine, I just don't remember anything. I doubt it's anything serious."

" How do you know? How many times has this happened?"

" First time."

" Okay, well-"

"-That I know of. First time that I know of."

I sigh, pacing around. This has got to be nothing good.

He looks up at me, guilt in his eyes.

I look back at him, my arms crossed.

" How have you been?"

" Fine. But I'm worried about you right now."

He smirks," I know you are. I like it."

" What?"

" I'm glad you missed me." He says gently.

I sigh," I'm glad you're back, or at least here.

He smiles," I'm glad you still care about me the way you do."

His legs part and he pulls me into them. I run my fingers through his hair," Of course I still care?"

He looks up at me and smiles," We should talk."

" Do you want to come back home?" I ask, not sure of what I want to hear in response.

He shrugs," Do you want me back?"

" I never left, it's up to you."

He looks away," Maybe we should give it more time."

Feeling guilty, I suggest," What if I went to the doctors with you? Then we get dinner or something?" I'm just worried.

He sighs," I don't need the doctors. But hey, dinner sounds amazing." He says with a smile, squeezing my waist.

I laugh," No, no silly, doctor is included."

He frowns," How not romantic?"

I roll my eyes," I have to go shower."

He perks an eyebrow," Okay, okay I'll make an appointment."

" Thank you!"

He smiles," In the shower." He rushes off to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind him.

I laugh," Oh, no you don't!" I say, smacking on the door," Daniel, come on!"

He opens the door, peeing out, and pulling on my arm. I get dragged in, and his lips meet mine. I'm surprised at first.

He pulls away with a laugh," What's wrong?"

" You just startled me."

After our shower, reconnecting and enjoying each other's happy company again, I leave Daniel to shave and get ready while I go make some pancakes.

A knock at the door makes me jump. I flick my wet hair over my shoulder, yelling," I'll get it."

I open the door, warm, soft lips surprising me. The electricity in this kiss, I know it's Bellamy. It's Bellamy. He smiles, holding me close," Hey, Princess."

I sigh," You can't be here right now." I push him into the hallway, glancing back for Daniel. I shut the door behind me, a angry Bellamy staring at me.

I sigh, holding my head," I was going to call you later."

He laughs," After everything, I get a phone call?"

" How would it feel to get nothing?!" I yell at him.

He shakes his head," Why is he here?"

" Why are you?"

He laughs," Clarke-"

"-He's not good."

" Huh?"

" There's stuff he's going through right now, okay? I'm going to take care of him."

He breathes," I never had a shot."

I pull him close, forcing him to stay. I press my forehead to his and hold his cheeks. " It's still you, and it always will be you." I reassure him.

He breathes, giving me a quick kiss," I love you."

" I love you." I say, kissing him again.

He groans," Call me, please, call me before you go to bed."

I nod," Okay."

I return to the apartment, shutting the door behind me. I slide down to the floor, my head hiding in my knees as I cry. I smell the pancake on the stove, completely burning.
Hey, you're not the only one, pancake.

***

Sad Clarke hahaha why do I do this