twelve

CLARKE'S POV-

My phone vibrates, and I sit up from the couch, picking it up from the table.

From: Danny

Come to bed baby

I look at the bedroom, the light from the tv reflecting on the bedroom doors. I sigh, not wanting to go to bed.

A part of me wants to leave, go find Bellamy awake at home alone and snuggle up next to him, his warm chest against my head, and his steady breathing keeping me awake. I just need him to rub my back, and frequently kiss my head. I need that feeling of home, and complete comfortness.

But there's another part of me that cares about Daniel, and I don't have the heart to kick him out or to leave him. He needs me and he's all alone. That's why I'm still awake right now. So that he doesn't leave, in an absent state of mind again.
Tomorrow, we'll see the doctor, figure out how bad this really is, and see what the future holds, for Daniel.
And also tomorrow, Aunt Kim and I have our last fitting for our wedding dresses.

How does one celebrate a wedding for a perfect couple when you can't even bring the love of your own life? Mine being Bellamy.

Kim told me Bellamy is the best man, and since the wedding is this weekend, we'll both be there and giving speeches. Bellamy and I will be standing at the altar together, but not together.

I push myself up from the couch, turning off the tv and laying down on the couch. I curl up and pull the blanket over me. I have to tell Daniel. It's not fair that I'm leading him on.

" Babe, Clarke, wake up I made breakfast." I slowly open my eyes to the fresh scent of the spring air, and the rich sense of pancakes. I smile to Daniel, then frown.

He sits down next to me, holding my legs on his lap," Why are you sleeping on the couch?"

" I guess I fell asleep." I say with a shrug.

" I made pancakes?" He says with a bright smile. It pains me to see him trying to make this work.

I nod," I always make pancakes."

He laughs," I know, but I thought I would do something for you, since I can tell I've been keeping you up." I stare at him with a confused expression, and he answers," You're afraid I'm going to sleep walk again."

I sigh," I don't know." I sit at the kitchen table, pulling the plate of pancakes towards me.

" That's why I want to go to my doctor's appointment alone." He says, stretching his arm across the table and rubbing my hand.

I sit up, leaning closer," No, Daniel, I'm coming with-"

"-Clarke, you have plans today, and you need to sleep."

I shake my head," No, I'm going with you."

He laughs," I need you to stay home."

" Why?"

He smiles," I want you to think about something."

I nod slowly," What is it?"

He stands up, kissing my head, and opening the door.

" Daniel?" I ask, waiting for a question.

He sets a black box on the table, and walks to the door," Think about it."

***

Ughhhhhhhhh life is so frustrating sometimes, BUT hey I'm back, and I'll be posting regularly again, as much as possible, I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU DONT HATE ME FOR THIS ENDING, I kinda changed the story a wittle bit, (might've dumped a whole bag of spice into this chapter oops!)

P.S. If you don't know what the black box is .....it's where the single ladies get a rock *wink* *wink*
(((((he's kinda proposing)))))

XOXO Thanks for reading (even after these couple days)