Chapter 4 - Big Leak

"... Leni. Robredo."

Vic and Martin was stunned upon hearing the said woman's name come out of Bong Bong's mouth.

An awkward silence filled the room until Martin stood up, looking around.

He laughed awkwardly as he said,

"Okay... Nice one, Ben and insan... Where's the hidden cameras? Is this a prank?

Nobody answered him.

A few more moments of silence passed by until Martin slowly realized that Ben and Bong Bong wasn't joking as he looked at their faces.

.
.
.

"Oh..." He said.

Martin slowly sat back down in his seat.

Vic finally broke the silence by saying,

"So it's true... I... Honestly don't know what to say, BBM."

Bong Bong remained quiet as Ben replied to him,

"It's shocking, yes. But now do you see my point, Vic? Releasing a big scandal like this would be the perfect diversion."

Ben then turned to Bong Bong,

"Don't you agree, Bong Bong?"

Bong Bong was hesitant at first but he slowly nodded in agreement. He said,

"From a logical point of view, Ben's idea actually makes sense."

Vic frowned as he asked Bong Bong,

"Pero what about Leni? Will she be okay with that? What about you?"

Bong Bong remembered his conversation with Leni. He thought about what she said about revealing their relationship.

Gusto ko... but I'm scared.

He replied to Vic,

"I'll be alright. As for Leni, I'll talk to her. Once she's okay with it, I'll tell you."

Ben added,

"But remember, Bong Bong. The earlier you convince her, the better."

Bong Bong nodded.

"I know."

===

"Bye, madam! Ingat po."

"Goodbye! Kayo rin."

Leni just finished her work at the office. She was bound to meet Bong Bong in the parking lot where he's waiting for her in his car.

She smiled as she saw the familiar vehicle.

Bong Bong greeted her as she got in.

"Hi VP. How's your day?"

Leni kissed his cheek.

"Good. We're already making plans para sa Angat Buhay NGO."

"That's good news. I'm proud of you, VP."

"Thanks."

Bong Bong started the engine. As they continued to drive on, he thought about the conversation he had with Vic, Ben, and Martin.

Distracting him from his thoughts, Leni said,

"Is there something on your mind? Parang ang lalim ng iniisip mo."

Bong Bong gave her a quick glance as he drove. He told her,

"Knowing about the work that you're doing right now... I think you'd make a good first lady."