Chapter 5 - North Bound

While the news of their photos went online, Bong Bong and Leni were busy travelling on their way to the north.

Bong Bong has already been driving for the last few hours while Leni sat beside him, chatting him so that he could stay awake.

"So... Hanggang saan tayo papuntang norte?" Leni asked.

"Hanggang sa windmills." Bong Bong answered.

"Windmills!? Ang layo nun."

"The farther, the better... At least I can spend more time with you. Ayaw mo nun?"

"Gusto pero... People will look for us."

"Hayaan mo na sila for now... I'm sure di naman guguho ang Pilipinas if we're gone for a little bit."

Leni smiled.

Suddenly, she heard her phone buzz continuously as several notifications stormed her device.

Bong Bong said,

"I guess the leak is out and about now..."

Leni looked at her phone. A lot of people have already been messaging her.

All of sudden, Bong Bong grabbed her phone and threw it behind him, far into the backseat.

"Junior!" Leni shouted.

Bong Bong laughed,

"From now on, bawal ang cellphone sa trip na 'to."

"iPhone yun!"

"My car, my rules, VP." He teased.

Leni glared at Bong Bong. She said,

"Gusto mo bang isabit kita sa windmills?"

Bong Bong smiled.

"If you're the last person that I'd see before I die, then I wouldn't mind."

===

It's already 10 in the evening when Bong Bong and Leni have reached their first stop over.

It was a gas station. Bong Bong put on a cap and his mask to hide his identity then turned to Leni.

"If you're gonna buy something, do it now. May mga bilihan naman dito. Magpapa-gas lang ako."

Leni nodded as she put on her own disguise and got out of Bong Bong's car.

Bong Bong proceeded to park his car to have his tank fueled.

He rolled down his windows and talked to the gas station attendant,

"Kuya, full tank nga."

Surprised, the attendant replied,

"Full tank? Okay po, boss."

"Mukhang nagulat ka ah." Bong Bong said.

"Opo. Bihira nalang po kasi ang nagpapa-full tank ngayon, boss. Mahal na ang gasolina."

"Oo nga eh. Kaso, wala naman tayong magagawa. Kailangan eh..."

The attendant joked,

"Siguro boss dahil sa pagmahal ng gasolina, pati sina BBM at Leni - nagmahalan na rin."

Bong Bong chuckled as the attendant finished up fueling his tank.

After paying, Bong Bong forwarded his car and parked it nearby to wait for Leni.

Bong Bong waited for a few more minutes till Leni finally came back and got in.

"Okay. I'm back." Leni said as she put the shopping bags in the back seat.