Chapter 11 - First Meeting

"What a plot twist you were."

- faraway

===

2016

"Senator Marcos? Nandito na po tayo."

Bong Bong thanked his driver as he stepped out of his car.

He was set to attend a vice presidential debate today.

One of the debate organizers greeted him as Bong Bong was led to the briefing room.

"Mukhang napaaga po ang dating niyo senator. Pero okay lang, at least di kayo na-traffic." The organizer said.

"Oo nga eh. Inagahan na lang namin yung biyahe para maiwasan yun. Am I the first to arrive?" Bong Bong politely asked.

"Actually sir, nandun narin po si ma'am Leni. Kayo palang po dalawa."

They finally arrived in front of the briefing room door.

"Here we are, sir. Maiwan ko nalang po muna kayo sa loob. Please don't hesitate to call if may kailangan po kayo."

"Sige, salamat brad."

Bong Bong proceeded to open the door.

Inside the room were four chairs. Three were empty and one was occupied by a woman in a yellow dress.

She didn't seem to notice him coming in.

Bong Bong smiled as he approached her and offered his hand.

"You must be the congresswoman. Hi."

===

Startled, Leni looked up at the man in front of him.

It was her first time meeting Bong Bong in person.

She was slightly awed at how good he still looks at his age.

Leni quickly gained her composure and shook his hand. She was a little embarrassed knowing that her hands were ice cold from the nervousness.

Luckily, Bong Bong didn't seem to mind.

"May I?" Bong Bong pointed to the seat next to her.

"Sure." Leni said.

An awkward silence fell between them. They didn't really know much of each other, personally.

The only knowledge they have of one another is based on what they've seen through the news.

Bong Bong finally decided to break the silence as he spoke to Leni.

"So uhh.. Congresswoman- "

"Please, senator. Leni nalang po ang itawag niyo sakin."

Bong Bong chuckled.

"Okay, Leni. If that's the case, then just call me Bong Bong. Tsaka wag ka narin mag 'po'. Di pa naman ako ganun katanda." He joked.