Chapter 13 - On Edge

A week has passed by since Bong Bong's accident. The nation was left in shock as the story of what happened spread throughout the news.

Vic just visited Bong Bong in the hospital and was currently talking to Imee.

He said,

"Senator Imee, I'm sorry to hear about your brother."

Imee jokingly replied, trying to hide her sadness.

"Ano ka ba, Vic. Buhay pa si Bonget. Hinihintay lang namin gumising."

Vic sadly smiled.

"Of course... If I may ask, ano po yung sabi ng doctor?"

"Well, may surgery pa ulit siya bukas for his liver. Na-damage daw kasi sabi ni doc. Thankfully, nakahanap na kami ng donor."

"That's good news, senator. I hope that it will be successful..."

"I hope so too... Vic?"

"Yes, senator?"

"I'm sure maraming news outlets na ang nagtatanong kung ano nang mangyayari ngayon, huh?"

Vic nodded.

"Yes... A lot have been reaching out sa headquarters lately pero don't worry, senator. Ako na po ang bahala. I'll prepare a statement... Let's just pray that your brother recovers before his inauguration."

"Salamat ng marami, Vic."

"Anything for you and BBM, senator."

Eventually, Vic said goodbye to Imee, leaving her alone with Bong Bong.

Imee was in charge of looking out for Bong Bong at the moment. For the past few days, Leni has been by his side but Imee knew that Leni had to take a rest.

It wasn't easy for Imee to convince Leni to go home for the meanwhile but thankfully for today, she agreed.

Imee sat next to her unconscious brother and tried talking to him,

"Kailan ka ba kasi magigising, Bonget? Ang dami nang naghahanap sayo, oh. Pambihira ka naman - ang dami mo pang gagawin for the next six years..."

Imee then sighed as she proceeded to lean back in her chair and read a book to pass the time.

===

It's already 8 in the evening. Imee had already fallen asleep reading her book.

Suddenly, the sound of someone groaning woke her up.

In an instant, Imee opened her eyes and looked at her brother.

.

.

.

"Bonget! Gising ka na!" Imee exclaimed.

She then stood up and touched his brother's arm as she talked to him,

"Bonget? Can you hear me? Nakikila mo ba ako?"

Bong Bong eyes were still a bit bleary after his long sleep. It took him a while to answer back, his voice was weak as he said,

"Ate..."

Imee smiled. Tears of joy were in her eyes.

"Yes, Bonget. It's me!"

Bong Bong continued,

"Ate... It hurts..."

Imee's smile slowly faded away as she got confused and concerned. She asked Bong Bong,

"It hurts? What's the matter, Bonget?"

All of a sudden, the medical machines around them have started beeping fast.