Chapter 16 - Covert Operation

"Welcome back, sir BBM!"

The guard greeted Bong Bong who smiled and thanked him as he entered his headquarters.

Bong Bong was only a few steps into the building when someone popped a confetti and everybody cheered him.

"YAYYY!!!"

To his surprise, people started to crowd around him, greeting and welcoming him back.

"Congratulations on your recovery, sir!"

"Pa-burger ka naman po, sir BBM."

"You look great po, sir BBM! Parang galing lang sa bakasyon ah."

Bong Bong chuckled as he thanked everyone for their warm welcome.

Once the excitement has calmed down and the people have returned to their desks, Bong Bong proceeded to go to Vic's office and inform him of his presence.

He knocked on his open door and waved hello as Vic looked up from his computer.

"BBM! You're finally back!" Vic greeted.

Bong Bong gave him a fist bump then sat down on a nearby chair. He said,

"I'm glad to be back, Vic. I owe you big time. Thanks for keeping things afloat."

Vic smiled and replied,

"I'm just doing my job. So... Ready ka na ba to be busy again?"

Bong Bong nodded.

"I'm definitely looking forward to it. However..."

"However?"

Bong Bong put his hands together and smiled as he said,

"May isa pa akong kailangan gawin... It's more of a personal thing."

"Ano yun?"

"I want to get married."

Vic chuckled.

"Of course... I assume you want me to handle the press, as usual?"

"Yes. It'll be big news, after all... Although pagkatapos nalang yun. I just plan on having an intimate wedding with a few close friends and family."

"Alright... Where do you plan to get married?"

"Sa Norte."

"And the date?"

"Tomorrow night."

Vic got shocked.

"Tomorrow night!?"

Bong Bong chuckled.

"Yeah. Since my accident, I realized that life is too short... When I officially become president, gusto ko may first lady na ako by my side."

"I guess that makes sense... Pero what about the planning and everything else?"

"My sisters and future sister-in-law got it covered."

"No offense, BBM pero... why do I have a feeling that Leni doesn't know?"

Bong Bong grinned.

"It'll be a surprise for her."

Vic replied,

"Will that work?"

"I'll make it work."

===

Feeling grateful and inspired that everything is okay once again, Leni was back at work in her office.