Chapter 12 - Life Line

"MAKE WAY! INCOMING PATIENT!"

A group of ER medics just burst through the emergency room of the hospital, pushing an unconcious man on the stretcher.

The emergency room doctor quickly assisted the medics as they transferred the man onto the ER bed.

"Anong nangyari dito?" The doctor asked.

The medic replied,

"Car crash accident po, doc. He's in critical condition."

The doctor nodded as he urgently gave orders to the medical staff in order to revive the man.

One of the staff members temporarily paused, shocked as she realized who the man was. She said,

"Doc... Our patient is Bong Bong Marcos."

===

"Salamat po sa pag-bisita, senator Risa."

"Walang anuman, doc."

Risa just finished facilitating a donation program in the hospital and was already on her way home when she heard two nurses gossiping nearby,

"Girl, totoo ba yung balita? Na-aksidente si BBM at nandito siya sa hospital right now?"

"Yes. I heard na kakadala lang sa kanya sa emergency room kanina lang."

"Oh my god. I hope he'll be okay."

"Sana nga... Ang balita is he came in critical condition..."

.
.
.

Risa was stunned with what she just heard.

She quickly ran to the emergency room to see things for herself.

Upon her arrival, Risa put a hand on her mouth, shocked and horrified as she saw Bong Bong laying there while the doctors try to save his life.

===

Leni found herself pacing in her condo an hour after Bong Bong left.

Antonio also awkwardly said goodbye to her shortly after Bong Bong saw what happened.

Now, Leni is alone once again as she contemplated whether or not she should call Bong Bong.

Suddenly, she stopped pacing when she heard her phone ring.

She looked at her phone screen:

Calling: Risa Hontiveros

Leni frowned upon seeing Risa's name.

She took a deep breath and realized that if she gave Bong Bong a chance to explain through Imee, then Risa should as well - even if it meant that it might hurt her even more.

She finally pressed the answer button.

"LENI!" Risa said.

Leni was astounded. Risa's voice sounded troubled and urgent.

"Risa? Anong meron?" She asked.

"Leni, si Bong Bong..."

Risa continued to tell her about the accident and where Bong Bong is right now.

.
.
.

Leni could not believe what she was hearing...

She just saw Bong Bong a while ago...

She knew that she could have talked to him...

She knew that she could have stopped him from leaving...