one

I was playing in Paris. Now I move to Dortmund and it scares me because I'm shy, I have some difficulties and I don't speak German. I'm on the bus to the airport in Paris. By the way, I'm Ashley Garcia, I'm 19. To be honest with you, I'm a bit fat and it hurts because a lot of people tell me I shouldn't play soccer. I try to stay strong but it is hard. My hair is brown and I have blue eyes. My height is 171 cm. My favorite football player is Erling Haaland. 

So, I'm on my way to the airport. I'm wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and a BVB hoodie. My bag and my suitcase are next to me. I'm listening to music with my earphones. I know I look sad but I never wanted to leave everything and I know it will be hard for me to be somewhere else. To be at an unknown place. I don't have any siblings so I'm the only child. My parents can't come with me so I have to stay all alone. I don't know when they come. I already have an apartment in Dortmund, I just need to buy some stuff and everything will be fine. I sigh and I get out of the bus when it arrives at the airport. I walk into it and I check my baggage. Then, I walk to the airplane and I sit on a seat. I feel so nervous, I start to cry and I hide my face with my hoodie. I feel so sad to leave but I try to stay positive. I put my head against the window and I fall asleep. I wake up suddenly and I notice we do not arrive yet but I decide to stay awake. I yawn before I grab my phone to change the music. I look through the window and I see we arrive. I grab my bag and my phone. I leave the airplane and I get my suitcase back.

I get out and I recognize the coach of the team. He comes to me and he says hi smiling. I smile and I say hi as well. We enter his car and he tells me everything about the team. I feel more nervous. I put my earphones in my bag. The coach drives me to my apartment to let me settle. I put all my clothes away. My apartment is simple :

 My apartment is simple :

It is not the best one but at least it is enough for me to live in

It is not the best one but at least it is enough for me to live in. I take a shower quickly before I join the coach in the living room. 

"Do you want something to drink ?" - I ask, nervously

"Don't be nervous, everything will be fine. Do you have water ?" - The coach replies

"Yeah sure."

I walk to the kitchen, I grab a glass and a bottle of water. I come back to the living room, pour the water and give it to the coach. I sit next to him. 

"When am I going to meet the team ?" - I ask, looking at the team.

"Tomorrow at the training. It is at 5 pm. I'm happy to have a new player." - The coach replies, smiling at me

"Great. How is the team ?"

"It is a great team but they are nervous these days because we have a championship soon."

"Okay."

I look away and I try not to sigh. To be honest, I wish I didn't leave Paris and I know I won't get along with the team. 

"The most popular player on our team is Avery Lopez. I know I'm not supposed to say that but be careful with her. I know how she is and she is horrible sometimes. She is always bad with news players so try to stay away from her."

"Well... okay. I'll try."

"I know it is hard for you to move here but I'm here for you. If you need to talk, I will be here. Promise."

"Thanks, coach." 

He smiles, then he puts his glass on the table.

"By the way, there is a training tomorrow. I will pick you up at 10 am and I will show you everything tomorrow morning. You will see the team, we will have lunch all together."

"Thank you, coach, I will prepare my stuff for tomorrow." 

"Great !" 

The coach gets up, I see him to the door and we say bye before he leaves. I come back to the living room and I slump on the couch. 

What am I supposed to do now? 

I wish my parents were here but they can't. I stare at the ceiling and I let tears fall. I feel lonely and I realize how it is going to be hard to be on this team. I finally get up and I walk to my room. I take some cardboard and I open them. I hitch photos of my friends and my family to the wall next to my bed. Then, I do the same with photos of Erling Haaland on the wall next to my desk. I sit on the edge of my bed, I grab my phone and I text my parents to tell them everything's fine. I grab my earphones and I leave my apartment to go to the shop. I buy some things, such as toilet paper and food. I come back to my apartment and I put what I bought away. I go out again and I walk in Dortmund to see everything. It is getting a bit cold and I realize I forgot my hoodie at my apartment. 

I'm so stupid!

I didn't see all the city but it's okay. I will continue the day after tomorrow. I walk without looking at people, I'm in my world. I enter the apartment block, I climb the stairs and I enter my apartment. I'm exhausted so I take a shower quickly and I go to sleep.