twelve

"What do you think about it?" - My mother asks, showing me a dress

Yeah we are in the shopping mall.

"It suits you." - I reply

"Thank you!"

My mother smiles. I take the dress and I buy it for her. I love making my mother happy. We go to other shops but we don't buy anything else. I buy an ice-cream for my mother. I missed those moments. My mother came in Dortmund, she's here for two days and she stays until Sunday. I lent my room to her, I sleep on the couch. It's okay for me. Erling texted me to know if everything's alright. I said yes and I told him I'm with my mother. I put my phone in my pocket and I stay with her. We are in a restaurant for lunch. It's a surprise for her because she thought we were going to eat at my apartment. My mother is so happy to be there and to see Lua and Rocco. By the way, the latter is with us.  

We leave the restaurant with Rocco. We are going to the dog park. My mother wanted to see it. Then we will walk in Dortmund, she wants to visit the city. We take photos together as well. She looks happier and it makes me smile. I wish my dad were here with us. I miss him so much. I look at my mother and I smile when I see her playing with Rocco. By the way Erling doesn't know I lost my dad. I don't want to tell him. Even if he is my idol, it doesn't mean he must know everything about me. I sigh and I look away thinking about Erling. He is probably with Avery or perhaps they text each other. Or maybe they don't and they are just busy with their own life. I stop thinking about that because it is annoying me and I don't want to be angry when my mother is there. I turn my phone on and I notice I received a text from Erling 20 minutes ago.

Erling : I will be there for your match.
Me : I won't be playing.
Erling : Your ankle ?
Me : Yes.
Erling : You sound cold.
Me : I'm not. I'm just with my mother.
Erling : I'm sorry, I didn't know.
Me : It's okay. Can we talk later?
Erling : Yeah.
Me : Thanks.

He saw my text but didn't reply. I put my phone in my pocket before I look at my mother again. She's so beautiful. She stops playing with Rocco and she sits next to me on the bench. We look at Rocco. Still playing with another dog. 

"When do you want to come back at my apartment?" - I ask

"We can stay 5 minutes." - My mother replies

"Okay."

We talk a bit before we leave. Rocco joins us and we come back to my apartment. My mother feeds Rocco and Lua. 

"What do you want to do mom?"- I ask

"We can go to Dusseldorf and spend visit it." - My mother says

"Do you want to go there today or tomorrow?"  

"Tomorrow."

"Okay."

We start to cook something for tonight. I text Erling to know if he's alright and to know what he is doing. I put my phone on the table and I stay with my mother. The latter put music on the TV before we started to cook. Lua is on the couch again and Rocco just ate a bit. I yawn and I sit on a chair. By the way Erling saw my message but he didn't reply. Yeah it pisses me off. He's probably busy or something. What if he's not and he did it voluntarily? I sigh and I stop thinking about it. I don't want to be in a bad mood because of it. 

"On regarde un film?"- I ask

"Oui! Lequel?"- My mother asks

"Quel film veux-tu regarder?" 

"On peut regarder The Neverending Story."

"Let's go."

We start to watch it and Lua comes on my mother's laps. I smell something stinking. Yeah, it is Rocco. I take him to the bathroom and I wash him. I dry him before I brush his hair. Rocco goes to the living room. I tie my hair and I go to the living room as well. My mother stopped the movie while I was washing Rocco. Erling replied to my messages one hour ago. I will reply later. My mother is my priority and I want to stay with her. Avery texted me as well to know if everything's alright and if I come to the trainings knowing my ankle hurts. The next training is on Monday. I unfold the couch before I go to the kitchen. I put our meals on two plates before I come back with them. I also took the cutlery. We watch the second movie of The Neverending Story. We love the three movies. We love Narnia and Harry Potter as well. We eat while we watch the movie. 

"It is so good!" - My mother says

"You cooked, that's why it is so good." - I reply

"You cooked as well."

"I just helped." 

I smile and we keep watching the movie. I notice my mother fell asleep. I lay her on the couch and I put the blanker on her. I kiss her forehead. I turn the tv and the light off before I go to my room. Lua followed me and Rocco stayed with my mother. I lay on my bed and Lua jumps on it. I turn my phone off and I fall asleep.

8 am : I wake up slowly. I notice Lua is still sleeping on my bed. I yawn and I get up. I open the door of my room and I walk to the living room to see if my mother is awake. Indeed she is. I come and I hug her to say 'hey'. We eat breakfast quickly and we get ready to go to Dusseldorf. I lock the door before we leave. Rocco comes with us. I hope everything will be fine with Lua. It's the first time I spend a day without going back home since I have Rocco and Lua. I will try to relax, I fed Lua before we left and I changed the litter as well. I sigh and I sit in the train next to my mother. The train leaves and a few minutes later my mother falls asleep. I grab my earphones and I listen to music. 

We arrive in Dusseldorf. We go out of the train with Rocco and we leave the train station. My mother still feels a bit sleepy but she said she will sleep better tonight. We start to visit Dusseldorf and to be honest I like this city. 

"What do you think, mom?" - I ask

"I already like this city but let's visit more." - She says with a big smile

"Let's go!"

We spend the day visiting Dusseldorf. Rocco meets other dogs and they play together. I also meet people who like me (as soccer player and as a person). They ask me if they can take photos with me as well. I guess some people spread the word on Twitter because a lot of people took photos of me and fans asked for autographs. I told my mother to go somewhere else with Rocco because I want them to be safe. There are a lot of people and I don't want my mother to be hurt as well. 

I will eat in a restaurant with my mother at noon and tonight as well. I hope everything will be okay.