eleven

New match today. I got news from Erling. He wanted to know if I'm okay. He also asked who was with me (Avery). I told him but I didn't give him Avery's number. However I know he can find her Instagram account. I guess he wants to get to know her. We'll see. 

I'm outside with Rocco. I wanted to go outside for a while. Lua was sleeping on the couch when we left. I call my mother but she doesn't answer, I hope she's okay. She's perhaps at work or with her best friend. I sigh before I look at Rocco playing with another dog. It warms my heart and it makes me smile. I start to think about Erling again, I miss him so much. I grab my phone and I look at the photos we took together. Yeah I know : he is my idol. I get up, I start to leave the dog park and Rocco follows me. We come back at my apartment.

I feed Rocco and Lua. I go outside again but without Rocco this time. I go to the soccer field to train a bit. It started to rain but I don't care. I arrive there and I get everything ready. 30 minutes later, it started to rain cats and dogs. However I keep training a bit. I slip and I feel pain in my ankle. Fuck!  I get up and I put everything away. My ankle still hurts and it swelled a bit. I come back at my apartment quickly to get changed and to take some stuff. I lock the door before I go and see the doctor.

Bad news : I have a sprain. I guess I have to buy a splint for my ankle. It's not the first time I have a sprain. I text my coach, on my way to the shop, to tell him I can't play anymore for a while because of my sprain. When I'm done for the splint, I go back to my apartment. I slump on my couch and I grab two cushions : I put one under my ankle and I put the other behind my head. I turn the TV on and I play at Dying Light on my PlayStation 4. Lua is sleeping against me and Rocco is on his dog cushion. I order a pizza because I'm not in mood to cook anything. 

30 minutes later, I hear someone knocking on the door. I groan a bit when I get up because my ankle hurts. I walk to the door and I open it. I pay the delivery man and I take the pizza before he leaves. I take a bottle of water. I come back on the couch and I keep playing while I'm eating the pizza. I receive a text from Erling so I open it.

Erling : Hey, how are you? I wanted to know if you want to come with me and Avery to the restaurant tonight.
Me : I can't, I'm busy and my ankle hurts. 
Erling : No problem, get well soon!
Me : Thank you.

I turn my phone off and I keep playing. I will come to the other matches even if I can't play. My mother calls me and I stop playing before I answer my mother's call. She was at work when I called her. I spend 2 hours on call with my mother. She looked happy. We miss each other so much. I think I will come to her place soon. I start to listen to music because I don't feel okay. I still play a bit at Dying Light before I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My ankle hurts and it annoys me, but it's like that. I come back to the living room and I grab my phone before I go to my room. I lay on my bed and I grab my teddy bear. I put my head on my pillow and I fall asleep. 

I wake up in the middle of the night because my phone is ringing. Yeah, Erling is calling me. I sigh before I answer him. 

"Yeah?" - I say

"Are you okay?" - Erling asks

"You woke me up."

"I'm sorry! I can call you later."

"It's fine. Why did you call me?"

"I wanted to check in with you."

"Well, it's 3 am. I'm in my bed talking you and my ankle hurts like hell. What about you?"

"I'm in USA. I'm on break for two weeks."

"Great. So you and Avery are friends?"

"Yeah, she's great."

"Nice!"

I roll my eyes.

"How did you meet?"

"I found her Instagram account and I texted her."

"Okay."

"She didn't come with me."

"We still have trainings and matches."

"Good luck."

"Thanks Erling."

"Well, good night Ash. I want you to sleep well."

"Thanks, have a good evening in USA."

"Thanks Ash. Bye!"

"Bye!"

I hang up before I put my phone on the night table. I close my eyes and I fall asleep again. 

10:30 am : I wake up slowly, I feel a sunray on my cheek. I open my eyes and I stretch out. I sit on the edge of the bed and I yawn. I get up and I walk to the kitchen. I grab something to eat for breakfast. I don't usually eat on morning. I'm still sleepy. I groan when I realize I forgot my phone on my night table. I come back to my room to take it before I feed Rocco and Lua. I lay on the couch, Lua lays on my belly. Rocco is next to us. I fall asleep on the couch. 

12:30 : I wake up again and I notice Lua is still on my belly. Rocco is sleeping on his dog cushion next to the couch. I still feel a bit sleepy but it's okay. Lua jumps on the floor before I get up. I go to my room to get dressed and to brush my hair. I have a training, I won't train but I will be there. I come back to the living room. I get out with Rocco and I lock the door before we leave. I walk to the dog park with Rocco. I take his leash off and it starts to play with the other dogs. It makes me smile to see Rocco playing with them. I love him and Lua so much. I can't wait for my mother to meet them. She will love them and they will love her.