fourteen

I wake up early again, I feel exhausted. I didn't sleep well and I'm on my period. My mother texted me yesterday to tell me she was arrived at her house. Erling texted me as well to know what happened but I didn't tell him because I didn't want to talk about it. I hold my teddy bear in my arms. I get up and I take a shower. I don't feel comfortable when I'm on my period. Today there is a training. I don't want to go there but I will. I get ready and I lock the door before I leave with Rocco. I'm going to eat at McDonald's. I don't want to cook something. I enter the restaurant and I order something before I sit next to a table. I still feel sad, I don't know why. I start to watch my favorite series : Vampire Academy. I read all books and now I watch the series. I love it! The waiter comes and he gives me what I ordered. I smile thanking him and he leaves. I keep watching Vampire Academy while I eat. 

I come back to my apartment to take some stuff for the training. By the way I feel a bit better. I enter my apartment and I take what I need. Rocco comes with me at the training. I asked my coach if I could take Rocco with me and he said yes. I walk to the soccer field with Rocco and I see my coach. I put my bag on the bench and I join my coach. I help him a bit. I sit on the bench when we're done. My coach plays a bit with Rocco and it makes me smile. Then some players arrive and the other players arrive 10 minutes later. They play a bit with Rocco before they start the training. Avery isn't here, she's probably late. Indeed she is. She waves at me and I wave at her as well. She gets ready and she joins the team for the training. I wonder if she dates Erling. They look close but they can also be best friends. 

I leave the soccer field and I walk in Dortmund with Rocco. Some people take photos of me but I don't pay attention to them. I enter a store and I buy some food. I leave the store after I paid the food and I grab my phone to reply to Erling's and Avery's messages. I walk to my apartment, followed by Rocco which is happy to be outside. We enter my apartment and Lua is so happy to see us. I missed her so much. I feed them before I sit on the couch. I turn the tv on and I start to play at Dying Light. I jump when my phone starts to vibrate. A call from Avery. 

"Yep?" - I ask

"Hey Ash ! How are you ?" - Avery replies

"I'm fine. What about you?" 

"I'm fine as well thanks. Well, I wanted to ask you something as well."

"Go on." 

"I wanted to know if I can come to your apartment to get ready for tonight?"

"What happens tonight ?"

"Erling didn't tell you?"

"Perhaps but I don't remember."

I already know what happens but I want her to tell me.

"I have a date with Erling."

"Yep. However why do you want to come to my apartment to get ready and not at your friend's place?"

"You have a better taste in clothes and makeup than them."

"I don't but thanks. Are you still friends with Alyssa, Maya and Ciara?"

"Yeah! They talked about you, they said you looked kind."

"Thanks. Well, when do you want to come?"

"5 pm is okay ?"

"Yep."

"Thank you so much!"

"No problem."

"Well, see ya?"

"See ya."

I hang up and I get ready because she comes in 30 minutes. I sigh. Yeah I'm annoyed. I don't understand why she asked me instead of her friends. The latter are better than me. I open the door when she arrives and she goes to the bathroom to get ready. Then she asks me how she is.

"You're beautiful." - I say

"Thank you Ash!" - She replies

"Where are you going tonight ?"

"Remember the restaurant where we went all together?"

"You go there ?"

"Yeah. It will be great!"

I bite my tongue not to laugh. I'm just nervous and she doesn't know I will go there with my best friend as well. I didn't tell you about this : my best friend calls me often and I tell her everything so she knows about Avery & Erling. We want to see how their date goes. We must remain incognito. I wait for Avery to leave. Erling picks her up in a few minutes.

Finally, she says bye and she leaves. Now it's my turn to get ready. I text my best friend to tell her she can come. Perhaps 10 minutes later, I hear her coming. She enters my apartment and she smiles when she sees me. We start to talk while she's getting ready as well. I hope Erling & Avery won't see us. I yawn and I grab my phone before we leave. I lock the door as well and we walk to the restaurant. We enter it and we sit at a table which is a bit hidden. From the table, we can see Avery & Erling, however they can't see us very well. We'll see how it is going to be. I stop looking at them when the waiter arrives and asks us what we want to eat. It's okay if you hate me for what I'm doing. Yep I'm a bit jealous. I miss Erling. He seems very interested in Avery. Yeah I'm in love with Erling and I realize it only now.  I don't want to be toxic and I know I'm not like that. I just want to see if everything's okay. Of course, I want Erling to be happy. 

We enjoy the evening and we leave the restaurant before Avery & Erling. They didn't see us. We walk to a park next to the restaurant and we sit on a bench. We talk about our lives and about tonight. Suddenly I hear Avery's laugh and it makes me jump. I look at her and I see Erling as well. I sigh and I look away. I still hear their voices but I can't hear what they are saying. I try not to pay attention to them but it's hard. I want to hug Erling. They walk around the park and I look at them. Sometimes they disappear behind trees but they reappear quickly. They sit on another bench. I don't feel well so I get up because I want to come back to my apartment. My best friend saw I look sad and she understands I want to go back in my apartment. As I was leaving, I watched Erling and Avery one last time and it was the one time too many : I saw them kissing. It broke my heart. I enter my apartment and I lock myself in my bedroom. I shouldn't have been there.