Ordinary People

Grace, Elena and Alaric are walking through the tunnel in the cellar.
"So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?"
"Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light."
"Wait, what?"
Damon secretly comes up and whispers behind her.
"Elena!"
She turns around and sees him.
"Boo!"
She jumps from fright.
"[gasps] Ah! God, Damon!"
"Scaredy-cat!"
"Just ignore him. That's what I do. But why did you bring Grace with you."
"One of Lexi's therapy lessons for Grace?"
"Yes actually."
"So, you really can't get in?"
"No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire."
"What do you mean, ancient?"
"[gestures forward] See for yourself."
They walk further into the tunnels, to the cave with drawings on the walls.
"Well, this is as far as we get to go."
Elena enters the chamber and shines her flashlight on the walls with the drawings.
"What is all this?"
"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story. In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story. [points at the wall] That right there, is the moon cycle. [points at another drawing] A man, a wolf."
"[staring at the drawings] A werewolf."
"Yeah, it's the 'Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style.'"
"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s."
"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that."
"How long?"
"Long. It gets better. Show her, Ric."
"Names. They're not native. They're written in Runic, a Viking script."
"Vikings?"
"This name here, I translated it and it reads Niklaus."
"Klaus."
"And Elijah...and Rebekah."
"Is there a Kol and a Finn?"
"A who?"
"They are the other two daggered originals you have not met."
"These are the names of the Original Family?"
"Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls. Or even the entire New World, for that matter."
"Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus's fakes."
"That's what I said."
"That could be true, except the last name up here made us think otherwise."
"What's the name?"
"Mikael."
"Mikael...Mikael, as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?"
"Yep. I now like to call him 'Papa Original'."
Alaric takes photos of the drawings.

Alaric is looking at the photos on his desk, while Damon is helping Elena with her combat training. Grace is practicing controlling the darkness.
"These images tell a story....to learn the story, you have to decipher these images."
Damon effortlessly disarms Elena, who tries to stake him.
"Sloppy!"
Elena grabs the stake. This makes Grace jump and accidently breaks one of the chairs.
"Shut up! I'm new at this."
"'Ghost of Christmas Past' Mason Lockwood set up the cave and led us to a weapon that can kill Klaus."
"Yeah, but doesn't Mikael have a weapon?"
"Yes. Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we have already found...and lost. [He overwhelms Elena again] Bang! You're dead!"
He goes in to nibble on Elena's neck. She pushes him away playfully and walks over to Alaric at the desk.
"These images at the very least might tell us what that weapon is."
"Then all we have to do is find out what they mean."
"Fine! Fine! If I am being irritatingly optimistic like you two...how do you suppose we do that?"
"Well, if the story is about the Original Family living here, then we go straight to the source!"

Grace and Damon enter Stefan's cell. Stefan raises his head and looks at Damon.
"You know, if you three are gonna keep me locked in here for the next decade, I think we can skip the routine visits."
"You know I'm not a big champion in this whole Lexi-Recovery-Plan...but Elena thinks this place is gonna weaken you up, break you down and make you feel again..."
"We should all listen to Elena, right? I mean her plans always work out so well, don't they? Why are you here?"
"What are you talking about? It's Family Day at Vampire Rehab! So, I'm paying a visit to my baby brother."
"And I just need super vision to use magic."
"Go away."
"Nahhh. I thought we could hang out, a little brother bonding. How've you been, Stef? Huh?"
"You know, Klaus may wanna keep Elena alive, but that doesn't mean she's safe with Rebekah..."
"Liar, liar pants on fire, brother. Klaus compelled you to protect Elena, and if you thought for even a second that she was in danger, you'd be working a lot harder."
"[sarcastically] You got me. You got me!"
"Yep."
"You got me. You're good. Congratulations! You can go now. [stares at Damon.]"
"You really have given up."
"Actually, this is my happy face..."
Damon considers this for a moment, and then breaks the chains binding his hands and feet, freeing Stefan from the cell. Grace is shocked and hits Damon with a spell.
"Sorry."
"What are you doing?"
"Screw this Lexi-plan. I think we could all use a drink."