14. Founders vs Toad part 2

Umbridge was in her office quite happy with her work that she had done she had interrogated the staff and was looking in at the ones that needed to be gone in her eyes as they 'weren't up to Ministry standards' and Fudge the idiot was allowing it as it wasn't Dumbledore at the helm of the school, now if she could only get to the bottom of the 'fakes'.

She was heading to the staff room when she noticed Godric sitting outside in the sun, it was now getting chilly and he was just in his vest and trousers and by the looks of it he was holding a prohibited animal.

"Hem hem"

He looked up from petting Fawkes who trilled sadly at his owner was now ignoring him for the pink idiot of all things.

"You will have to get rid of that bird only owls are allowed in Hogwarts, also were is your uniform? are you a student? if you are detention, no either way you will have detention with me tonight! now get rid of the bird!" and she stood over him as he laying on the grass.

"Huh? you think you can tell me what to do? you're really sad if you think you can give me Godric Gryffindor detention I'm one of the great Founders of Hogwarts!" and he laughed making Fawkes trill in humour as well.

"Enough this is getting old the Founders are dead a thousand years ago and you are just a student that is playing a very childish game now come along and we can get you assigned your uniform and books and you will be serving your detentions with me for the next week!" she was fuming who does this person think he was? a Founder ha! they were long since dead and that was where they will be staying in her eyes.

Godric and Fawkes looked at each other and then back at her and they just burst out laughing which sent Umbridge into a rage and she slapped him which surprised him.

"What in Merlin's name was that for? is this how you have been handling my students within my own school?! if they don't listen to you you hit them?" he slowly rose to his feet his hair that was always brushed backwards to look like a lions mane fell forward, it was longer then anyone noticed and it was soon flying around as his magic reacted to what she had done to him.

"Never in my thousand years have I been hit the last time was when I blew up Sal's lab and that was warranted, it was just I did something and I got punished for it fair and square and just because I didn't follow your orders as I am not a student here you attack me!" his magic lashed out and she was pinned to the wall.

"Stay there for all I care" and he stormed out and headed to the Hospital Wing to get a bruise paste as he could feel his cheek bruising as he walked off his magic wasn't settling and when he entered the Wing stuff flew around Salazar was there taking stock of what they needed as he was supplying potions helping clear room up for Severus.

"What in Merlin's name?!" looks toward Godric.

"Ricky what happened?!"

"That toad needs to go! she hit me!" he had tears in his eyes and when Sal hugged him the younger male cried and with that his magic settled.

"What happened?!" asked Poppy as she was now able to get out of her office and saw the bruise on Godric.

"Lord Slytherin have Lord Gryffindor sit on the bed and I'll get the balm for him.

"Just call me Ric, Poppy it's easier" said Godric to her which made her nod.

Salazar just touched Godric's head and saw his memories of what had happened, all the Founders were master's of the mind arts Legilimency- opening the mind and Occlumency- closing the mind, they didn't even need to say the spells as just a touch they could read another's mind when they needed to that was.

He was soon healed but he had fallen asleep on the bed and both Salazar and Poppy thought it would be best if he rested as when they ran a scan he did have magical exhaustion so a few hours of sleep would do him some good Fawkes had fallen asleep on his chest.

Next on Umbridge's list Rowena of all people she happened to find her in the library of all things, she was cataloguing all the books and Madam Pinch was happy someone was at least taking a notice of how out dated the books were here as well as rearranging them into easy to find sections.

"Much better, this section is done" said Rowena as she finished waving her hand to organise everything this that section only to have Umbridge step up behind her.

"Hem hem can I ask you what you are doing with school property of all things?" said Umbridge this made Rowena jump.

"I was organising the books as well as making a list of out dated books, the library could really be updated the school has dropped to tenth place out of eleven and I wanted to help them increase their test scores and this is one way of doing it" and she walked off.

"You have no right to do this, you aren't a member of staff here I as the High Inquisitor have given you no right to touch and rearrange these books!" she screamed, this made everyone look at her.

"As High Inquisitor you will listen to me I have the Ministry backing and I will be obeyed!" she turned red at being ignored.

"I don't think so I am Lady Rowena Ravenclaw, I help create this school along with my close friends and I have been looking after this school since we created her all those years ago and don't think I don't know what you did to Ricky of all things... you say you don't like violence but then you go and hit someone, tsk tsk I wonder what the people will say about all of this".

"They wouldn't believe you, you're just fakes pretending to be the Founders, that's what you are!" the castle started to shake at that but it was more centred around the toad then anywhere else it was like the castle was taking it's anger out on just her.

"It seems my dear Delores that Hogwarts herself doesn't like you bad mouthing her as well as her 'parents', please don't insult us as well as don't think we don't know what you do around here, you hurt one of us and you will pay for it, trust me on that Delores Jane Umbridge" and with that Rowena left the library making Hogwarts stop shaking.

..............

going to call the founders by their nick names

Salazar- Sal or Sally

Godric- Ric

Helga- Hella

Rowena- Ro