seventeen ^^

Clara's Point of View

The weather all of a sudden transcended from delicate blows of Mother Nature's breath to ponderous amounts of water running down the window. Liam and I got comfortable in the living room surrounded by pillows and blankets. As I begin to munch on my first Oreo, I hear stirring from the couch.

"As you can see," I turn to Liam, pretending to be one of those Animal Planet sound overhead things they say behind a documentary, "the rare species of Esmania Devil has awoken and is presently in the midst of contemplating in her mind either she would find hunt to kill or grab Oreos from her fellow family pupils." Liam let out a bark of laughter, eyes amused by the live programme.

"You're talking to yourself again," Es grumbled and let out a loud yawn before opening her eyes. She froze when she saw Liam, and gave me a glance.

"Slumber partay," Liam cheered and waved his hands in the air, Oreos falling down from the sky. Es quickly retrieves the Oreo that had fallen on Liam's lap and devoured them without thinking. Looking up, Liam had a shocked face plastered across his face. Guess Liam doesn't know how our slumber party goes.

"Esmania Devil is hungry," she mumbled through the mouthful of Strawberry-flavored Oreos and got up from her slouch position that extended from the couch to the floor and ran to the kitchen, "tea, anyone?"

"Pass on this one," I shout back, "we had THC."

-(a.n.)- The Hidden Cove... not the drug hahaha.

"Your mum took the night shift," Liam munched and stared at Esmay, eyes glimmering with interest. Esmay snapped her head up and pouted at both of us.

"You didn't get me usual," she whined and started heating the kettle, "but I worked so hard on taking care-shit where are the-"

"They're in my room," I punctuate, a sigh of relief escaping from her lips, "we were busy talking about the situation today... about Niall and..."

"Oh," was all she replied back. A long, comfortable silence fell upon us three. There, I took some time to consume all of my thoughts and feelings. Why did Niall want me, his stupid old best friend, back? Clearly there are more than one person whom he is close with... why me? The thought of all of our memories we shared years ago makes me want to dig a hole through my heart and just sit there for the rest of my life, I don't know why. The feeling of burning in my heart is the complete opposite of what you would call a sensation. The feeling of... oh my goodness I can't describe it. Unconscious tears started trickling down my face, and before I knew it, I started crying my eyes out after contemplating with my own stupid, redundant thoughts. I ran out to the balcony without thinking thoroughly, locking the door behind me. I hear Liam banging on the glass, ordering me to open the door. I heard him call to Esmay, a door slam following.

Cold, I my inner thoughts echo, you're cold.

I shake my head as rain still kept plunging on my heartless body. Niall deserved better than me. He knows that he deserves better than me. I looked at my surroundings. Even Mother Nature was mad at me, and I bet God was mad at me as well. I stood lifeless under the natural shower, unforgiven... unwanted.

"CLARA FUCKING PAULINE FLETCH GET OUT THAT TERRACE IMMEDIATELY OR ELSE," I heard a voice barked from the bottom. I haltingly looked down from the balcony, Liam looking up at me, torment and anger building up his eyes.

"I'm not doing what you think I'm doing," I weakly shout back, "I... need time for myself."

"...Would you have told me that before I panicked, love?" I looked around, seeing we caught some different kinds of attention. I bit my lip and motioned him to come back in to the flat. I unlocked myself from the open room, and entered back in, soaked with the tears of heaven, carrying the heart of a wimp.

{two hours later}

"Clara babe," Esmay whisper and hug me, sniffing, "mum is right. The best remedy is to call him."

"What if..."

"Clara it will go smooth." Liam mumbled and stroked my hair, kissing it at the end. I slowly nodded, Liam giving his phone to me. I looked at the bright-lit screen, only light source in the room.

'Niall' was written across the phone. I gasped for air and clicked on the number, standing up and walking into my room.

Ring. The song 'Spaces' automatically played in my head.

Ring. "Who's gonna be the first one to start the fight?"

Ring. "Who's gonna be the first one to fall asleep at night?"

Ring. "We keep taking turns."

Ring. "Will we ever learn?"

"Hello." He croacked, voice hinted with fatigue. His voice. Oh his voice. My thoughts came back invading me like angry strays ripping off the concuss of a dead organism. I breathed one last time, a tear falling down my face.

"Niall."

-(a.n.)-

patience, my dears. i'm going to keep writing.

next chapter up in an hour or so.

a vote and comment is much appreciated <3

love,

tea :)