three ¤

-3 years later (8th Grade, end of Middle School)-

Niall's Point of View

"Can you believe it we're in 8th grade... and we're going to high school in like less than a month!" Clara screamed in excitement!

"Uhm yeah I can't wait!" I flashed a quick smile at her and looked away. I can't take it anymore! I can't keep the feeling in... I have to tell her soon that I like-like her. And it all started...

{a month ago}

It was the track meet finals for 100 m and this seemed like the only chance I finally can win a title I was dying for: Getting Noticed. I was against THE Kevin Harting, the fastest guy in our grade. The feeling was terrifying, but was also electrifying. Everyone went to their lanes and got ready. I positioned myself to a better and comfortable athletic stance.

"Ready?" The man asked us. I nodded frantically; feeling blood rush through my forehead and hearing it rush behind my ears.

As soon as the man pulled the trigger off the gun in the air, it felt like everything went slow motion. I started running, and saw that I was one of the last. I looked over the bleachers and saw Clara and some of my friends unroll a gigantic paper. It revealed to say "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, NIALL JAMES HORAN! WE LOVE YOU!" and that gave me instant motivation.

I looked forward and ran as fast as I could. Then, the song "Don't Stop Believing" was playing through my head. I easily ran past the other two boys, but it was a constant battle between me and Kevin. He pushed me and I stumbled and fell. I heard Clara scream behind me and all my friends going "yo, hey, what the hell!" But I didn't care. I stood up and ran again.

When Kevin got there, all of his team members tossed him up in the air. I crossed the finish line, and Coach Geoff came up to me.

"7 seconds... that's pretty impressive there, my lad." Coach Geoff said.

"Thank you." I smiled a smile, trying to cover up my inner emotions because of the face that I didn't win... again.

"Ladies and gentleman, I give you the winner of the race: Mr. Niall James Horan!" He shouted. My face went from dullness to a building emotion of mixed euphoria and proudness. I turned around and saw everybody cheering and shouting "Horan! Horan! Horan!" and at the corner of my eye, I saw Clara running up to me. I turned and opened my arms for her to jump to, and she did. I hugged her tighter and tighter every second and heard the crowd roar louder and louder. And I might've also heard some whistles as well.

"YOU DID IT, NIALLER! YOU DID IT! I KNEW YOU COULD! I STAND CORRECTED!" She shouted through my shoulder and hugged me tighter. I pulled her out of grip, took her face, and kissed her. Her eyes went big, but she gave in. The feeling was amazing. It felt like 5 seconds of heaven. We kissed for 5 seconds and pulled away. I looked at her and she smiled, which made me smile. This was the best day of my life. I won my very first trophy, and kissed my best friend.

{present}

"Nialler?" Clara said, waving her hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up, and met face to face with the girl I just day dreamed about.

"Sorry," I mumbled, feeling my face flush, "I-I just-"

"Just what?"

"Y-you know how grad is coming soon?"

"Yes... we both found out like 3 weeks ag-"

"WILL YOU COME WITH ME?" I asked quickly, wilds looking down. I felt a hand reach my chin and pull my head up and met face to face with Clara again.

"I would love to," she said, smiling and showing her brace-full pearly whites.

"Really?"

"I would ONLY go if I went with you, Niall," she rolled her eyes and laughed. She took my hand and we started walking through the corridors. People were giving us weird looks. Some looks were pleasing, like smiles and "awws", others were disgusted or confused. We then passed by Amber Moore, the biggest bitch we know, but a hot one as well.

"Nialler, baby. How was your day, babe? Was it boring without me?"

"It was a great day, as usual, because he's hanging out with me." Clara interfered, stepping in between me and Amber.

"Back off, slut. Why do you even hang out with this freak, Niall? You should hang with me." Oh.No.She.Didn't.

"You did not just call me a slut." Clara gritted her teeth and made a fist.

"Amber, I think you should shut the fuck up and go away." I said right to her face, pushing her away, and walked away with my hands still intertwined with Clara's. Suddenly, I felt her grip loosened and saw Clara push Amber towards the locker. Amber screamed and pulled Clara's hair. Kevin spotted the scene and pulled Amber away from Clara's grip.

"She just called you a slut." Kevin spat, infuriating me. I ran up to him pushed him away.

"Don't spit on her," I shouted, loud enough for Ms. Faraday to hear. Before I could go back to Clara, I saw her throw a fist at Amber's breasts, making everyone go "oooooohhh, ahhhh, oh my god."

"Don't you EVER call me a slut again," she shouted, pointing her index finger at Amber who was on the floor, a hand covering her breasts and screaming, "understand?" All she did was nod, got up, took Kevin's hand, and ran. I looked at her, and I can tell her eyes are swelling up with tears.

"Clara," I said, and touched her shoulder. She looked up, wiped her tears, and smiled.

"I'm okay," she smiled, "but I know I'm going to get in trouble. So brace yourself, Niall, for a whole lot of ugly." I just held her in my arms, took our bags, and started walking home.

-(a.n.)-

ew i know it sucks... IDK MY SENSES AREN'T ALIVE ATM. anyways, enjoy this shitty part FOR NOW. #mybirthdayistomorrow

© PaynesTea Works